Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Happy its getting cooler

The next few months should be good for Mr Perch, "honed' my approach with help from a few guys on here.

The next few months do seem to the best, any thoughts on what species get more active ?
    Last edited by shane99; 01-09-2017 at 18:25. Reason: spelling

Default Re: Happy its getting cooler

Well, although you can catch them year round, Chub come into their prime shortly. Once the leaves have fallen and the grass is laced with frost, I find myself in Heaven, you can't beat a cold winters day chasing Chub.

Also, I believe were coming up to what is known traditionally as Pike season, that of course being the 15th of October.
    Last edited by Chasing_Chevin; 01-09-2017 at 21:32. Reason: Spelling

I imagine quite a few of the guys on here will be getting out thier Pins in search of Roach.

Septembers a Cracking month for allot of fish. If I can find the time I'd like to get the Carp rods out on the river as they often have a good feed up as the temps start to drop.

As if by clockwork the grayling are starting to feed

Quote Originally Posted by trotter2 View Post
    As if by clockwork the grayling are starting to feed
    I don't want to hijack this thread but I fancy catching my first Grayling this season, what would be the best time for them, January time any good?

Sep good for some big roach, Crucians can have a late splurge in Oct, Rudd the same in Nov given a mild day.

Blog Entries

Cooler temps definitely suit me better, though the hotter days don't appear to have bothered the silver fish too much. I'm expecting punch to get good results on my changed venue.
    Fish are still very high in the water just yet and very eager to snaffle caster.
    Punch will have to wait.
    Surprisingly I cooked a kilo of tares at the beginning of the summer and haven't taken any out of the freezer, caster fishing has been so good.

A storm is brewing here and the first rains for nearly 5 months are very likely any moment now! Suddenly it is fresher and the temperature has dropped from 29c to 23c in the last half hour! Lovely !

It may pass us by as is often the case!

I've caught most of my PB's when there is a crisp frost on the grass. Hit the bank at 4 AM when it's still dark. I find November to February is the best time of the fishing season.

binka Guest

It felt ruddy cool at half six this morning after driving through thick fog, 8° was the starting temperature by the river.

Makes me wonder how we ever do it when it barely gets above freezing during the winter but I guess that's the advantage of a gradual decline, it helps you acclimatise.

I didn't feel acclimatised this morning despite the thick jumper and bib 'n brace...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast