Where did that time go?

fishplate42

Reaction score
Today it has been three years since I decided to take up fishing and write my blog. I have learnt a lot and discovered there is a lot more to learn. I have also discovered a new interest in life - I just love it and all that goes with it!

Unlike most of you here, I had not picked up a rod, let alone a live fish, three years ago. It has changed my life and given me a fantastic new interest. I am not one for taking up things for five minutes and dropping them. My other hobbies/interests are things that I have grown up with, much like most of you have done with fishing. To discover something completely new this late in life is great!

If you want to read my very first blog post you can find it HERE.

Ralph.

john step

Reaction score
Where did that time go?

Much like all time I feel. You buy an article and a year later look for the receipt because it has gone wrong only to find you bought it in fact 5 years ago!

The years up to about 20 seem a lifetime of experiences and learning and the time since that seems to double in speed with every year:eek:

rich66

Reaction score
The years up to about 20 seem a lifetime of experiences and learning and the time since that seems to double in speed with every year:eek:

And then there's kids of your own, seems to make the years wizz by even faster.
But I still feel like I'm 20, then my body reminds my brain to add 30+ years.

thecrow

Reaction score
Older you get the quicker it goes and if you go fishing it goes even quicker I reckon its because anglers are always thinking about the next time they fish while they are actually fishing.

Remember when 4 weeks to Christmas seemed like a lifetime ?:D

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
Hmm - pretty topical thread for me. Stuff happening that only happens to old guys, then you realise you're not 18 any more. For those who like Pink Floyd, the song Time says it all.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun