Fourth hand broken rod.

thecrow

Reaction score
Those prices no sweat for me now, Bought this off a bloke in a market last week for £100 pound, Zimbabwe 100,000 dollar note-what a mug, no flies on me Squire. Once I get it exchanged I will put a bid in.

I reckon that's a good buy, I looked at todays exchange rate and it was

1000 ZWD

=

2.09182 GBP

iain t

Reaction score
IRC. Wasnt the same rod sold on eBay a few months back. That to came with a letter from Chris Yates. Think it went for around £3500.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
If someone buys it my question is what would you actually do with such a rod ?

John Searl had one of **** Walker's original Mk IV rods and had a very nice special bookcase type of cabinet made for it.

It stood in his shop for a long time together with one of ****'s Landing Nets and a first edition of No Need To Lie.

If I bought the Yates rod then I would definitely have a similar piece of furniture made for it, although all of my other cane and ancient rods do get an outing so I'd have to take the Yates to the river too, even if only the once.

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
John Searl has one of **** Walker's original Mk IV rods and had a very nice special bookcase type of cabinet made for it.

It stood in his shop for a long time together with one of ****'s Landing Nets and a first edition of No Need To Lie.

If I bought the Yates rod then I would definitely have a similar piece of furniture made for it, although all of my other cane and ancient rods do get an outing so I'd have to take the Yates to the river too, even if only the once.

I suspect most potential buyers would do the same Peter.

I find it a bit sad for tackle to be stuck unused in a cabinet but then again thats a bit hypocritical of me given the number of rods and reels i have bought that then sit unused in the garage. I imagine i am not alone!

As least you propose to give it at least 1 outing. ...my only advice would be if you get snagged up dont pull too hard for a break :D

steve2

Reaction score
I see that this bit of broken cane went £7200. With tax and other costs that would put it over £8000. Not bad for a bean pole.