Whip or pole? New thought on old question...

silvers

Reaction score
I like richox answer above ..... although older "long poles" were strong and flexible enough to use as line to hand with underarm cast/swing.

I'd also add .... if it's entirely telescopic then it's a whip ...... although not all whips are entirely telescopic.
:wh

Anyway - I use both flicktips and elastics with both whips and poles, and I also short line (unshipping) with my system whips sometimes. So it's really just about choosing the best tool for the job you need to do.

mikench

Reaction score
I am going to stick with rod and line from a reel ; far simpler!:rolleyes: I reckon religion would produce fewer divergent opinions;)

fishplate42

Reaction score
I am going to stick with rod and line from a reel ; far simpler!:rolleyes: I reckon religion would produce fewer divergent opinions;)

Me too, I had no idea that such a simple observation would get so complicated :eek:

Ralph.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't do complicated, nothing could be simpler than fishing the whip.

robcourt82

Reaction score
Wow! 3 whole pages on what is a whip and what isn't! The only thing keeping me awake was Sam's comments about centerpins!
Sorry folks I don't mean to offend.

rayner

Reaction score
Wow! 3 whole pages on what is a whip and what isn't! The only thing keeping me awake was Sam's comments about centerpins!
Sorry folks I don't mean to offend.

Impressive.
I'm astonished that you and a few others are still awake. perhaps it's reading this so boring thread that's preventing you from nodding off :D:D:D
By the way there are quite a number of threads with 3 and even more pages you may want to view.
Don't whish to offend and all that.

hawb811

Reaction score
sensas record175, has a flick tip and also comes with a hollow tip if silvers are a bit bigger to swing in, to elastic the hollow use a stonfo each end so it fits perfect

rayner

Reaction score
I hope this thread carries on for a good time yet, it's causing quite a lot of consternation in some quarters that are so bored but can't bare to think they may be missing something by not reading. :D just can't ignore it :D
It's so funny in the latter stages with the bored grumps :D in fact it's those grumps that are keeping it going :D

robcourt82

Reaction score
Let's keep it going, its a wonderful advert for a lovely forum. :wh

rayner

Reaction score
Glad to see you're warming to the thread and realise your initial thoughts were nothing more than a snap decision without thought.:)

robcourt82

Reaction score
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty

rayner

Reaction score
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty
I must be less hasty

I'm sure if you keep reminding yourself of that eventually it will sink in :D:D

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll keep the pot boiling.

I've just elasticated one of my whips, so maybe it's no longer a whip, saves me buying a pole I guess.:)

Nicked a neat idea from Drennan's new whip package and used a rubber bead to act as a bung, dead simple, tidy and adjustable, a bit like the grippa beads the pole boys use for the side puller I guess.

859CyM2.jpg

robcourt82

Reaction score
I keep trying, but deep down I know my first reaction was correct. But let's not spoil this thread with silly bickering. Besides, fishing hero's or whatever its called is on shortly, will you be watching Rayner?

Incidentally, if it says whip on the handle its a whip. You can elasticate it, power gum it or flick tip it. It will still be a whip.

rayner

Reaction score
I keep trying, but deep down I know my first reaction was correct. But let's not spoil this thread with silly bickering. Besides, fishing hero's or whatever its called is on shortly, will you be watching Rayner?

Incidentally, if it says whip on the handle its a whip. You can elasticate it, power gum it or flick tip it. It will still be a whip.

Strange turn of phrase (bickering)
To your two points the answer to both is not on your nelly.

mikench

Reaction score
I have seen nothing to persuade me to ressurect my passing desire for a whip!;)

I will stick with rod and line!:)