'Fishing, Not Catching' show on Redshift Radio

Bluenose

Reaction score
On ‘Fishing, Not Catching’ tonight I’ll be looking into some of the issues surrounding plastic pollution in our oceans.
Highlighted recently on Blue Planet 2 by Sir David Attenborough, the situation is already more than alarming for the oceans, if not potentially catastrophic for the wider food chain in general.
I’ll also be reporting this last week’s snowy fishing tales, bringing a bit of news arising from my chat with John Ellis from Canal and River trust who was in the studio not so long ago, which may be of interest to some angling clubs. I will also be re-visiting the issues surrounding bass fishing as we spoke about last week.
There’s also news of guests lined up for the New Year which will be of interest to carp anglers, lure anglers and disabled anglers also.
We will have the regular ‘twitcher update’ of bird sightings from around the region and music also. Tune into Redshift Radio online tonight, 'Fishing, Not Catching' from 9pm
RedShift Radio | RedShift Events | RedShift Hub

Bluenose

Reaction score
Joining me on ‘Fishing, Not Catching’ tonight is John Arkwright.
John is a very successful river angler. Having more or less ‘lived’ on the banks of the River Dove for four years from the end of the 1990’s he will be talking about the changes he’s witnessed. We will also be talking about John’s exploits on the Rivers Annan and Wye as well as his local River Ribble.
We will have an update on the proposed bass fishing ban, the regular ‘twitcher update’ of rare bird sightings from around the region, a quick look at what’s going on elsewhere in the aquatic environment and a few tunes also.
Tune into Redshift Radio online tonight, 'Fishing, Not Catching' from 9pm

Bluenose

Reaction score
I wouldn't normall ask lads but can those of you whom are on any carp forums give this one a plug tonight please?

Joining me on ‘Fishing, Not Catching’ tonight is Scott Eyres.
Scott is the brains behind SAE Bait Developments who are based in Cheadle, just outside Stoke on Trent. Scott has been involved in making bait commercially for 20 years and tonight I’ll be asking Scott about his experiences in the bait making industry including how he started, the effort and experience that goes into formulating a successful bait and also how he survives in such a competitive commercial environment.

I will be talking about proposals by the Environment Agency to increase to the charges for permits to carry out habitat improvement work that angling clubs and rivers trusts have been doing for years, we will have the regular ‘twitcher update’ of rare bird sightings from around the region, and throwing in a few tunes also.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Joining me on ‘Fishing, Not Catching’ tonight is Ian Whittaker
Ian is a successful competitive lure angler and tonight I will be talking to him about competitive lure angling in the UK. I will also be asking Ian about some of the methods that have worked for him, how he approaches competitions and those bits of tackle that he wouldn’t be without.
I will also be having a little look at the government’s proposed 25 year plan to improve the environment and we’ll also be having a look at proposed new farming rules and how this might affect fisheries.
We will have the regular ‘twitcher update’ of rare bird sightings from around the region, and a few tunes also.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Joining me on ‘Fishing, Not Catching’ tonight is Stuart Mitton.
Stuart is a collector, a dealer, and user of antique fishing tackle and tonight I’m going to be finding out where his bug for old rods and reels came from, what random pieces of old fishing tackle buried in someone’s tackle box might be worth a small fortune and where the discerning vintage tackle investor might look to purchase something special.
On our environment slot I am also going to be having a little look at how proposed new farming practices could impinge on angling.
We will have the ‘official twitcher update’ of rare bird sightings from around the region, as well as some unofficial sightings, and as usual a few decent tunes too.
Tune into Redshift Radio online tonight, 'Fishing, Not Catching' from 9pm or visit the link to catch up later this week.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Joining me on ‘Fishing, Not Catching’ tonight is Jodie Cutler.
Jodie is lecturer and course manager of Aquatic Ecosystems and Fisheries Management at Reaseheath College in Nantwich.
In this pre-recorded show I ask Jodie about the course specifics, the entry requirements and opportunities for students as well as some personal opinions on the state of fish and fisheries.
We will have the ‘official twitcher update’ of rare bird sightings from around the region, and as usual a few decent tunes too.
Tune into Redshift Radio online tonight, 'Fishing, Not Catching' from 9pm or visit the link to catch up later this week.

Bluenose

Reaction score
On ‘Fishing, Not Catching’ tonight I will be having a look at the cyanide spillage in Derbyshire this last week. We’ll be having a look at how the government is proposing to reform water abstraction management over the coming years and having a chat about some news from the Angling Trust and Fish legal. I will also be talking about a recent report on how the illegal glass eel trade is damaging eel populations.
We will have the ‘official twitcher update’ of rare bird sightings from around the region, as well as some unofficial sightings, and as usual a few decent tunes too.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Joining me on ‘Fishing, Not Catching’ tonight is Dr Stuart Clough of APEM Ltd
Stuart is a recognised authority on all things environmental and tonight I will be asking him about various projects that he is currently involved in which are in some way related to angling.
We will have the ‘official twitcher update’ of rare bird sightings from around the region, as well as some unofficial sightings, and as usual, a few decent tunes too.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Joining me on ‘Fishing, Not Catching’ tonight is Peter Bishop.
Peter is the former editor of an award winning Football League match programme and respected author of 3 books on football. However tonight we will be discussing Peter’s angling works, notably ‘Another Bloody Tangle’ which has sold several thousand copies and his more recent work ‘Crucians at Bedtime’. Trust me, Peter certainly knows how to tell a story.
We’ll have the usual ‘official twitcher update’ of rare bird sightings from around the region and tonight’s show includes a report from a little further afield also.
There will be a roundup of angling related stories from the past week or two, and as usual, a few decent tunes in between.