Bait boxes for maggots

puffer_

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much a pint is, because I always end up buying loads of other stuff that I never intended to!

Funny though, I was just thinking this morning about the bait box debacle and how many I have for exactly the same reason!

They should run an exchange service for people like us :rolleyes:

fishplate42

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much a pint is, because I always end up buying loads of other stuff that I never intended to!

Funny though, I was just thinking this morning about the bait box debacle and how many I have for exactly the same reason!

They should run an exchange service for people like us :rolleyes:

I suggested that and they were keen on the idea. Trouble was they wanted £2.50 to hire a box... They sell them for £2.25 :eek:mg:

Ralph ;)

puffer_

Reaction score
I suggested that and they were keen on the idea. Trouble was they wanted £2.50 to hire a box... They sell them for £2.25 :eek:mg:

Ralph ;)

Haha, oh dear. I reckon if they just took a fiver deposit the first time you used the service it'd be OK. They could even chuck an extra 20p on a pint for me and I'd be a regular user.

Then again it would greatly decrease their 1 pint maggot box sales :D

tomino2112

Reaction score
Ralph, been there done that way too many times! And I am much closer to said tackle shop. What infuriates me is how they glue the anti-theft stickers on hook bags in our tackle shop. Have you both any there?

It is a sticker that covers the whole bag and it is glued on by who knows what, but the glue is just so sticky its impossible to wash off or do whatever else with it. I end up just getting hooks out and chucking the bag... Only because of that I am looking to get some nice "hook" box so I can store them better and actually know what size I am using!

nottskev

Reaction score
In this lawless region I'm glad to say they put your maggots straight into a bag without even thinking to ask if you have brought a box. Squeeze the air out, straight into the fridge, and they don't smell or sweat up, and last better.

My bait-box problem - first world, I admit - is that I have several different makes, and while they all look similar and all fit a baitwaiter, no two lids fit the same box. Remember the puzzles in the comic ...... a man has 12 socks in a bag... what are the odds etc.

flightliner

Reaction score
£2 for me until a few months ago but a tenner deposit and you used to be able to draw down on it at £1-50 a pint.
This is now £2-20 a pint but the fifteen pound dep' allows drawdown at £-75.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
I have never had anyone around here say no to selling maggots in a bag infact that is how i buy them every time .
I also have a good collection of bait boxes because i forget to put one in the car but i think the last one i purchased cured me of that one i got one of the Greys boxes with the 4 clips on the lid very nice it is too that lives in my tackle bag now .

PG ...

rayner

Reaction score
I've never heard anything like it, not putting maggots in a bag phfft.
If I ever went in a shop to buy bait and they told it's illegal to bag them then they could keep their maggots. Other baits are just has good, like meat, bread, cheese.
The shop would loose all my custom. Mind you there are six tackle shops very close to my home. Two at fisheries so being picky is easy for me.