Daiwa SS-II 3000c

Muffin

Reaction score
Not that I have been able to find, was supposed to be one of the best made reels ever so I've heard with an amazing clutch system.

Cant find anywhere thats its still avaliable and have never seenit on ebay.

Good luck tracking one down, and if you do let me know if it is all its cracked up to be!

Simon

cesdeal

Reaction score
Hi i have one used twice in fresh water in Inverness Loch Ness that I am about to list on Ebay I do not know the value but when I bought it, it was the best reel ever txy me if you like 07703132919 Regards Doug

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'm not sure that these reels have ever been officially available in the UK.
However, they have made their way to these shores anyway. IIRC they even featured in one of Matt Hayes TV programs.

The closest reel to it in the current Daiwa catalogue is the Tournament SS2600. The UK only has one model in this range yet elsewhere in the world there are four different sizes (700, 1300, 1600 and 2600). It's also a bit more in the UK at around £90 as opposed to £60 in the USA. The SS2 is similar but improved, much more modern looking and slightly more costly. The SS2-3000 is approximately £90 at the US store linked above. That's around the top end of the used second hand prices I've seen these reels achieve in the UK.

I've only ever seen them in the UK as private sales, either new or used.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Cesdeal, the ss-II 3000c had a rrp of £180 but you could buy them for £130 they were hard to find. The one in sam's link is a different reel

Rickrod

Reaction score
Yep thats the one it was on e-bay with a buy it now for £160.........it didnt sell