Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Terminal tackle that works

I used Enterprise baits meat mates(?) for hair rigging spam for the first time yesterday and whilst I didn't catch a thing the spam stayed on the hair rig for cast after cast until I reverted to boilies! Usually meat only stays on for one gentle underarm lob!

What other tackle bits actually work and are worth having in your box?

2. Default Re: Terminal tackle that works

Same sort of thing... Quick Stops. Most of the leading tackle manufacturers do their own version. Great for attaching worms, amongst other things, and leaving the hook free. Certainly improves the hook up rate.

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Terminal tackle that works

I think Chris recently mentioned the Cralusso Q/C swivels for hooklinks, which weigh the same as either a number 8 or 10 and thus fit handily into your shotting patterns. Despite appearances, they're also insanely strong for their size, so shouldn't ever break under normal float fishing situations. Reusable, too. 10/10
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Quote Originally Posted by robtherake View Post
    I think Chris recently mentioned the Cralusso Q/C swivels for hooklinks, which weigh the same as either a number 8 or 10 and thus fit handily into your shotting patterns. Despite appearances, they're also insanely strong for their size, so shouldn't ever break under normal float fishing situations. Reusable, too. 10/10
    There's little point in searching out the Cralusso variety now. Drennan have just brought out there own version. Quick Snap Swivels | Drennan International
    If you are feeling tight, and are prepared to trawl through ebay, you can buy them direct from China for a fraction of the price. However, the ones I found differ from the Drennan/Cralusso in that they have a shiny finish rather than a black one.

Enterprise Adjuster stops for most free running lead application as it is also an effective rubber bead which keeps the hooklink kicked out and is practically tangle free.

Avid corn stops. Both sinking and floating. The little hook on the back allows the end of the hair loop to be buried within the bait. Also gives a wider hair stop for meat baits. They can be bought in colours to suit the bait.

I'll second quick stops, couldn't live without them.

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    There's little point in searching out the Cralusso variety now. Drennan have just brought out there own version. Quick Snap Swivels | Drennan International
    If you are feeling tight, and are prepared to trawl through ebay, you can buy them direct from China for a fraction of the price. However, the ones I found differ from the Drennan/Cralusso in that they have a shiny finish rather than a black one.
    Yeah, the pics of the silver ones gave no size comparison, so I was disappointed to find that they were quite a bit bigger, too.
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_ View Post
    I'll second quick stops, couldn't live without them.
    Yes I find them great for attaching worms.

binka Guest

Tapered bore buffer beads.

Very much an underrated piece of kit imo, they sit there protecting the knot whilst wedged very nicely so as not to move and invite a tangle and still allowing the swivel to function perfectly.

Marvellous little things

Buffer beads....why, i've never had damage done to knots when not using one. I never use 'em and imo the majority of terminal tackle is just designed to get you to spend your money, simple as that. Those meat mates Mike mentions arn't necessary, i've never had a problem keeping mest on the hook by using a bit of grass stalk or a hawthorn spike etc. It's easy to be taken in with all these little nick-nacks but in reality you don't need them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast