New groundbait experiment.

fishplate42

Reaction score
I do like making my bait, and some of the groundbait I have done in the past has worked well. This one is called 'Cattyfish.' No, it is not for catfish. It is called that because made from cat food and fish, as well as the usual bread and biscuit. I give all my groundbait silly names, just for a bit of fun. I only make them for my amusement, and I often share it around with my mates, but it is no secret. I publish all the recipes on my blog, and this one is no different. You can find the recipe HERE.

This one started after seeing some stuff on the web about using groundbait to attract predators. It had not occurred to me that predators would be interested in it. I suspect it is more about getting them into the area and feeding over it with more feed reflecting what is in the mix and the hook.

All this is suppression as I have no practical experience of this, I am just going to try. Even if it does not work, I will have fun trying.

I have been trying to get out for over a week, and each time I have been stopped at the last minute by one thing or another. Well, all the work is done, the van is topped up, and the gear is ready. Tomorrow I AM GOING FISHING!

Ralph

soft plastic

Reaction score
Chum, rubby dubby...call it what you will, has been used in the sea for donkeys years. Chopped worm is a magnet for perch, they can't resist the aroma. See no reason why something like you are doing won't work. Good luck.

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cockneybob

Reaction score
Hi Ralph.
Look forward to hear how your new Cattyfish groundbait experiment works, I wonder if it will be has as the famous 2 dog mix.
Good to see your still around

fishplate42

Reaction score
Hi Ralph.
Look forward to hear how your new Cattyfish groundbait experiment works, I wonder if it will be as as the famous 2 dog mix.
Good to see your still around

Early days, but I can modify it if it is not right, that is all part of the fun.

I am still around. I spend a lot of time here, and I am still writing the blog... Did somebody mention Two Dog groundbait? :rolleyes::D

Ralph.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
Looks like a perfect barbel ground bait recipe to me Ralph:)

fishplate42

Reaction score
I got to try out my new groundbait, and it seems to work. Early days yet, but I did catch perch, and that is what I was aiming to do.

The whole story can be found HERE. I was surprised at how effective fishing over 'perch-friendly' groundbait for perch can be.

Ralph.

Last edited: