Copolymer Line?

JackGE

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been looking at getting some copolymer line, KastKing to be exact and was wondering if anyone has any information. How does it generally compare to mono, I'm currently using Daiwa sensor.

Knot strength is my main concern as I want to use it as a mainline and tie on a mono hooklength.

Cheers

JackGE

Reaction score
I am getting a slightly higher test strength so was just looking at what is on the market. Supposedly copoly has less memory and more abrasion resistance.

Richox12

Reaction score
The vast majority (if not all) Copolymer lines we use are Mono. Many monos are also copolymers.

Mono is just one polymer used (hence Mono) to make the single strand line. Copolymer is a blend of different polymers also used to make single strand Mono lines.

Old fashioned so called STD mono lines usually refer to a line made of one type of polymer - nothing fancy, does what it says on the tin. Whereas most anglers talk about all-singing-all-dancing-fancy-hi-tech lines as being copolymer which are mixes and blends of different polymers.

Reaction score
Copolymer lines vary in quality and qualities just as all other lines do,so a bit of trial and error is needed,I used one regularly a few years ago now,it had great abrasion resistance,strength,diameter,it laid on the spool perfectly,but for some reason it didn't cast well,seeming to cling to itself.:confused: