Yet another chair topic!

tomino2112

Reaction score
So in the end I ordered arm-less chair, the extra space to "spread" my legs was winning factor. Tat being said, I think I will be getting one with arm rests sooner or later, gonna need one for people who tag along anyway

mikench

Reaction score
congratulations on your 5000th post Graham! I look forward to reading the next 5000:)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Precisely my corvid friend. I am much more bothered by the sticky out bits on gizmo chairs than armrests. I would not want to be slightly off when sitting down and copping a front strut up the Jacksy.

That was why I got shut of my Korum chair, the legs stick up quite high if you lower the chair and I found they kept catching on my leg when I got up and again when I sat down...they bugged the hell out of me! Plus the chair was a ton weight, maybe ok for neatly cut bankings not too far from the wheels but deffo not good for walking up unkept river bankings and across fields etc.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
That was why I got shut of my Korum chair, the legs stick up quite high if you lower the chair and I found they kept catching on my leg when I got up and again when I sat down...they bugged the hell out of me! Plus the chair was a ton weight, maybe ok for neatly cut bankings not too far from the wheels but deffo not good for walking up unkept river bankings and across fields etc.

Blimey......something we agree on, Ian. I know a lot of people like the Korum chairs but every one I've tried I have found very uncomfortable. I do not like the straight up and down leg arrangements and, as you say, those struts are accidents waiting to happen.

mikench

Reaction score
I think the conclusion we can draw ( and i have already) is that there is no chair that suits everybody and every situation and location!

A super lightweight one with no arms is next on my list!:)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Blimey......something we agree on, Ian. I know a lot of people like the Korum chairs but every one I've tried I have found very uncomfortable. I do not like the straight up and down leg arrangements and, as you say, those struts are accidents waiting to happen.

Celebrations :w :D.

Unfortunately for me they weren't just waiting to happen, I fell over mine several times due to the front legs sticking up on a steep'ish river banking. I was lucky I didn't fall in the effin river to be honest :eek:. I was very happy to get shut of the death trap!

I found arms on a chair are ok if the chair is wide enough so it's not stuck on your harris when you get up (by the way i'm not a fatty lol) and when fishing a water with the rods in front of you on a pod, rests etc.

tomino2112

Reaction score
I cannot work out how the absence of arm rests gives you more leg room!;)

the arms are usually attached by a bar to the seat (in front) so that basically stops you to put your knees away apart as far as you would like. Not sure if Im making myself clear?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
the arms are usually attached by a bar to the seat (in front) so that basically stops you to put your knees away apart as far as you would like. Not sure if Im making myself clear?

I understand what youre saying but thats really on larger chairs.On smaller [non reclining] chairs the arms are normally extensions on the back legs and "open" ie not fixed to the front. I've not found these to restrict movement in any way.

tomino2112

Reaction score
I understand what youre saying but thats really on larger chairs.On smaller [non reclining] chairs the arms are normally extensions on the back legs and "open" ie not fixed to the front. I've not found these to restrict movement in any way.

I got this chair:

Madfish Instinct Carp Chair

This is its armchair version:

Madfish Instinct Carp Arm Chair

As you can see the arm rests are attached in the front and I think it would restrict movement.

If anyone is thinking of getting these, they are in no way big. Looks pretty big on the picture but mine arrived yesterday and they are very compact small to mid-sized chairs. I was actually pleasantly surprised because I was worried it will be huge chair. It is not a recliner, only one back position, but it has telescopic legs so you can "lift" the back to sit straighter.

From the first look I am very happy with it, looks sturdy, is very light, well made, comfortable and I received the dark green color which imho is much better than the one pictured on amazon. Its this color but in reality it is even a bot darker - liking it.

As I said its much smaller than I expected and I am happy about it because I can imagine to have it even at narrow banks.

Only thing that I am worried about are the very feet of legs which are pretty thin pieces of plastic, so not sure how long they will last. They are quite wide so I guess the weight distribution is fine for what it is. Time will tell.

Now all is left is to give it proper days fishing to see if I am comfortable, but I suspect I will like it very much.

PS, I can now totally see what others have mentioned about reaching for rod over the arms rests. Because this chair is quite small-ish and low and because there are no arm rests I feel like it will a delight to reach for rod quickly. I usually float fish and if I am bottom fishing I don't use any buzzers or such so quick striking is important for me and this will definitely be improvement from my camping chair.

Cannot wait to get to some water and give it a test. Very hard to find free time lately though :(