Aldi fishing clothing

fishplate42

Reaction score
This post may sound like a bit of an advert, but it is just what I have discovered after using it...

Maybe, it is because I have an Aldi store at the bottom of the road and I can get there on day one of the special deals they do, but I have amassed a good selection of their clothing. I am very pleased with my cheap waterproofs and other clothing I have bought and used over the past couple of years.

Here on the forum, we often talk about finding bargains, but this post is about the results. On Saturday I was out fishing, now the weather is cooling down I tend to wear my jogger-bottoms under my bib an brace, over a polo shirt. I then use my zip-up hoodie over the top to keep warm only to peel it off if the sun comes out.

The weather was going from hot to cold, dry to wet, and then very wet! I slipped off my hoodie and swapped it for my Jacket. Pulled up the lined hood, rearranged the wire around the brim of the peek and I was perfectly dry, warm and happy.

23582403648_4fbe674ae5_c.jpg

View from inside my hood!

All the clothing (except for my 'New Woodworking' polo shirt) had come from Aldi at ridiculously low prices. The B&B was under £20, in fact, I think it may have been well under that. The jacket was only double that, and I can't remember how much the other items were, but I did not expect them to be anywhere near as good as they are or to last any amount of time.

I have no connection with Aldi, other than being a customer. I just thought I would sing their praises as the clothing I have bought over the past few years has been excellent value for money. I am not sure when they have it in store, but it is only there for a few weeks, and then it is gone. If you see it, grab some, I think it is worth every penny!

Ralph.

j1mealor

Reaction score
i was hoping theyd of done another fishing gear sale this year but they havent

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rich4930

Reaction score
I buy a large portion of my clothes from Aldi nowadays, be it for fishing or everyday and I fully agree; even at 'normal' prices I would praise the quality, but take into account the discount price, you really can't go wrong.

Like you say, have to grab it when you see it though. I do my weekly shopping there though, so always have a look what's going on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve2

Reaction score
Over the years I have bought many fishing items and clothing from them boots, bags, waders, bait, never be totally let down by any of it. Their shoulder fishing bags are a bargain at least half the price of any after bag on the market.
My pike unhooking gear also came from there; long handle long nose pliers and cutters.

fishplate42

Reaction score
i was hoping theyd of done another fishing gear sale this year but they havent

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I am not sure when they did the last one, but I suspect it was at this time of the year... somebody will know.

Ralph.

rich66

Reaction score
I bought a pair of fingerless neoprene fishing gloves from them last year, really pleased with them.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If only they made hook tyers!:D

richiec

Reaction score
I too bought a Bib'n'brace along with hoodie and gloves, really pleased with all of it !

fishplate42

Reaction score
I have just been looking to see what time of year Aldi have had their fishing specials. It sounds like it was August last year.:confused:

I don't think I missed a fishing sale in August this year - Did I?

Maybe as they have proliferated, fishing gear is not a good line for them anymore. I hope not. :(

Ralph.

thecrow

Reaction score
No you haven't missed it Ralph I watch Aldi and Lidl every week for their fishing stuff coming back on sale but this year there has been nothing :(

seth49

Reaction score
On sale today 15/1/17 at Aldi, all in on fleece under suit, for £14.99, just bought one,very warm, seem good quality, with full length ykk zip, also on sale fleece jackets, waterproof oversuits, and...

The above was the date of there last fishing sale.
Must admit I’ve had some decent things from aldi, I got a jumper in one of there fishing sales, a few years ago, liked it so much I went back and bought two more.
Still got them and I wear one every day when it’s cool.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Try their Neoprene wellies. As good as most pricey rivals and as comfortable as Muckboots. I think they were £20.

john step

Reaction score
I have cast an envious eye over some of their fishing clothes in the past but I would need to be somewhat shorter for any of it to fit.
If I wore their bib and braces my voice would go up a pitch or two:wh

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
I use quite a bit of the Aldi gear i missed the B&B stuff last time it seems to go very quickley around here .
Their Shoulder bags are Great use 2 of them the one thing i did buy tht i was not too pleased with was the Neoprene fold back fingertip gloves i found my hands getting noteably colder with them on so they got shelved but everything else has been fine have to check my local stor tomorrow as i pass it .

PG ...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The only thing i've seen in Aldi that's worth getting is the little crane shoulder bag.
The clothes and footwear arn't even cheap and they're naff.

If you want cheap decent clothing at a much better price than aldi, Primark is the place to go.

davebhoy

Reaction score
I’ve got the neoprene wellies and 2 pairs of the bib and braces, theyre pretty good for the money imo

fishplate42

Reaction score
The only thing i've seen in Aldi that's worth getting is the little crane shoulder bag.
The clothes and footwear arn't even cheap and they're naff.

If you want cheap decent clothing at a much better price than aldi, Primark is the place to go.

Hi Tigger, I don't know about Aldi's day to day clothing, and you may be correct, but I am talking about their fishing gear, which I think is good value for money. I have been using mine for a good while, and it does the job very well, especially at their price!

Ralph.

Reaction score
I bought the neoprene wellies and I cannot fault them very comfy warm and waterproof used every week since I got them and never let me down. I also have the pack away fishing jacket that's done me well good for showers but not good for downpours but what do you expect for a jacket that goes into a small bag. I buy alot of aldi normal clothes well the work wear stuff good quality and hard wearing got lots of the pants and jumpers cannot fault them. They currently have shirts in at the moment which look quite good to go over a t-shirt whilst fishing might have to get some of them.
I wish they had done a fishing range this year.

B

binka

I'm curious about Aldi not having a fishing promo this year if that is the case, I've kept one eye on it and just assumed I'd missed it.

They've always been a success in the past, have they still been stocking any fishing gear at all besides clothing?

thecrow

Reaction score
I'm curious about Aldi not having a fishing promo this year if that is the case, I've kept one eye on it and just assumed I'd missed it.

They've always been a success in the past, have they still been stocking any fishing gear at all besides clothing?

On the days when I am dragged into Aldi I always look at the none food stuff instead of pushing a shopping basket round I haven't seen any at all other than bits from the last promotion thrown in with the "nobody bought this" stuff.