Dacron cord for indicators

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I'm a big fan of cord on my indicators as opposed to chain but I find the readily available cords too short. I've made some lightweight indicators for perch but I want to fish them on long drops so I need some longer cord.

Anybody know what diameter cord I need and where I can get some ? The last time I did this I ended up using some old leadcore leaders but it wasnt terribly successful. The cords on my nano bugs are about right but too short.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Remember that Drennan dacron you slated in the last month or so (iirc)? It's the only use I've found for it in the last fifteen years or so.;):D

It does appear to have been discontinued, but a few places seem to have some still hanging around. At £3.99 a spool, it should keep you in bobbin links for a while.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Old fly lines good for bobbins ;).

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Remember that Drennan dacron you slated in the last month or so (iirc)? It's the only use I've found for it in the last fifteen years or so.;):D

It does appear to have been discontinued, but a few places seem to have some still hanging around. At £3.99 a spool, it should keep you in bobbin links for a while.

I don't remember that, Old Boy....but it does seem more than possible. I'll see if I can find some.

flightliner

Reaction score
Ccc (outdoor shop) sell it , pennies per metre, any length you want!
Oops, sorry, meant to say Go Outdoors!

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
B

binka

I recently re-did both of mine Skip and I just used the Korda Armour Cord, not the cheapest of options but it was there in the drawer and it seems to be ok.