Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  39
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Is the magic still there?

Quote Originally Posted by robcourt82 View Post
    If the magic has gone for you then I feel sorry for you, when it goes for me it will be quickly followed by my cremation!
    Why waste it! I'm donating my body to angling, someone can hang me from a tree over their swim and when the maggots start to drop out, they've got a free ground baiting regime for a week or two and I owe it to the fish.

Offer it at your favorite commercial next time, they might give you a free day and think of the savings in funeral costs and what better epitaph to hang round your skeleton, Here swings old Rob, angler to the end and the beyond.

My imagination knows no bounds.
    Last edited by markg; 20-10-2017 at 08:37.

Lol I have already discussed many similar options with my now ex missus but apparently they're all illegal! I really couldn't give 2 hoots what they do with my body when its of no use to me... I'm more worried they will sell my gear for what I said I paid for it!

always, thats why i still do it

Blog Entries

If the magic has gone for you then I feel sorry for you, when it goes for me it will be quickly followed by my cremation!
    I don't know how old you are Rob,but as you age,things may just change,last week,after a particularly sh#te time at work and looking forward to going fishing I ended back home before noon,the reason,I found myself nodding off on my chair whilst trying for barbel and thought it is more comfortable at home...sometimes the choice of method and target species has to coincide with being on the bank to provide that magic,my mistake was duly noted.

Lol I have already discussed many similar options with my now ex missus but apparently they're all illegal! I really couldn't give 2 hoots what they do with my body when its of no use to me... I'm more worried they will sell my gear for what I said I paid for it!
    I know what you mean Rob, I have a different problem. a brother who is always nicking my gear so I'm leaving it all to him. But I'm going to sabotage all of it it before I do; weaken the rods, nicks in the line, blunt the hooks etc. Well worth the price, I will go a happy man knowing the fish he will lose, leave a spoke in his magic.
    Nah only joking but the amount of stuff of mine I find hidden in his shed when I visit and he just laughs when I find it, he thinks its hilarious but I will have him one day.
    Last edited by markg; 21-10-2017 at 07:04.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    Why waste it! I'm donating my body to angling, someone can hang me from a tree over their swim and when the maggots start to drop out, they've got a free ground baiting regime for a week or two and I owe it to the fish.

Offer it at your favorite commercial next time, they might give you a free day and think of the savings in funeral costs and what better epitaph to hang round your skeleton, Here swings old Rob, angler to the end and the beyond.

My imagination knows no bounds.
    Dont be ridiculous Mark, surely it would be far easier to use your ashes as a groundbait base ?

Joking aside I did actually think this - that when the time comes I wouldnt mind being scattered in a nice river somewhere.

...I'll ask them to do it upstream of an angler ...may as well give someone a good days fishing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Dont be ridiculous Mark, surely it would be far easier to use your ashes as a groundbait base ?

Joking aside I did actually think this - that when the time comes I wouldnt mind being scattered in a nice river somewhere.

...I'll ask them to do it upstream of an angler ...may as well give someone a good days fishing at the same time.
    There's all sorts of permutations Phillip, actually the tree idea came from an old fishing buddy, he always used to tell me that, made me laugh but you have to have a certain sense of humor. Be nice to be scattered on a river, we scattered an old friend in the sea last year, a naval man and there was something right about it so for an avid angler, I reckon it would be fitting. The magic of fishing, there's more to it
    Last edited by markg; 21-10-2017 at 07:43.

Don't get me wrong Whitty, sometimes real life does get in the way and ruin a days fishing and sometimes (rarely) I don't even really want to go but most of the time it really is like magic for me. As I get older I appreciate my time on the bank more and more and if I am ever unable to fish then I hope I can still sit and watch someone else fish!

WE actually have an angler or two scattered or ashes buried at our club lake.
    Its owned by anglers so safe in perpetuity.
    Good as anywhere.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234