Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default Rod casting weight?

Hi guys
    As winter is nearly on us I want to start getting into bomb fishing. I have been given some guru inline bomb weights 36g. But my korum feeder rod has a stated casting weight of 30g. Will I be ok to use these or will they damage my rod. Many thanks steve.

Default Re: Rod casting weight?

Yes in my opinion as long as you are not attempting to cast to the horizon! A gentle cast of about 30 m should be fine!

6g is neither here nor there, especially if you don't try casting for the horizon. However, does the 36g take the loaded bait into account? It's not uncommon for a baited feeder to be double the quoted feeder weight. Again, this may be no real issue, but being fairly gentle when casting might be a good idea.

4. Default Re: Rod casting weight?

Many thanks sam the 36g is the weight of the bomb I will be using 6-8mm pellets which I don't think weight much at all.

You would probably be able to cast further and a lot more comfortably with a 15gr bomb...

Blog Entries

Be on the safe side for a couple quid and put you mind at rest with some light bombs, makes sense