Bait bucket

dalesman

Reaction score
A few years ago I saw a canvas bait bucket which had a number of pockets on the out side complete with a shoulder strap.

Any ideas who sold or made it?. My thinking is it would make a great roving system for a day or a couple hours on the river.

steve2

Reaction score
John Wilson had them I think at the time they were sold by Wychwood. I had one and found them very useful when roving. Still got one somewhere.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A few years ago I saw a canvas bait bucket which had a number of pockets on the out side complete with a shoulder strap.

Any ideas who sold or made it?. My thinking is it would make a great roving system for a day or a couple hours on the river.

John wilson did something along those lines. It was dark green in colour.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Might have been the more recent Lone Angler bait bucket. Unfortunately, Lone Angler have all but finished now. They are down to the very last of their stock and that doesn't include any of their bait buckets. This is one of them.

kenpm

Reaction score
Fox also do a nice one that takes a 10 litre bucket in the camolite range around £30

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Fox also do a nice one that takes a 10 litre bucket in the camolite range around £30
£30 for a bucket with a camo pattern ! Bit ott if ask me

I thought gardner made a bucket come roving bag type thing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dalesman

Reaction score
Not wanting one to take a bucket, the one I saw a few years ago was in the shape of a bucket with 2 or 3 pouches on the outside.

Might have a look at what fly anglers are carrying, but not a vest.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Not wanting one to take a bucket, the one I saw a few years ago was in the shape of a bucket with 2 or 3 pouches on the outside.

I'm in same situation but I'm just going to use my esp bait bucket thats a canvas type

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I have vests etc, problem with the vests/waistcoats was they dug into the back of my neck. Same thing happened with a shoulder bag and if I just hung it on my shoulder it would fall off. Last year I got a Orvis sling pack and it's by far the best piece of kit i've got for a long time. It doesn't hurt my neck and is comfy to wear. It doesn't get in the way even if I keep it on whilst fishing. I don't often compliment luggage but I only have praise for this sling pack. I have been carrying a small bucket with my bait in and just fill my cotton neck bag with enough bait when out in the river....saves on the neck again.
I have mentioned these sling packs before but thought it was worth mentioning them to you in case you haven't seen my posts about them in the past.

dalesman

Reaction score
I have vests etc, problem with the vests/waistcoats was they dug into the back of my neck. Same thing happened with a shoulder bag and if I just hung it on my shoulder it would fall off. Last year I got a Orvis sling pack and it's by far the best piece of kit i've got for a long time. It doesn't hurt my neck and is comfy to wear. It doesn't get in the way even if I keep it on whilst fishing. I don't often compliment luggage but I only have praise for this sling pack. I have been carrying a small bucket with my bait in and just fill my cotton neck bag with enough bait when out in the river....saves on the neck again.
I have mentioned these sling packs before but thought it was worth mentioning them to you in case you haven't seen my posts about them in the past.

Be a Orvis price as well :eek:mg::eek:mg:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score