Bloody guy fawkes

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Terry, yes, apparently caused by a malfunctioning firework that resulted in about 14 minor injuries.

It was at the Antrobus Hotel's annual event in Amesbury about 3 miles from me. They have a very hood Thai restaurant in the hotel . . . . .

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
5 hours disturbance 3rd November, 6 hours 4th November right up to 11pm and been going two hours so far; I really have had enough! As a lad it was 5th November only and over by 8pm. As for the complete tw#ts letting them off until 2:30 on New Year's Day every year just give me a rocket and I'll shove it somewhere the sun don't shine and light it....

Time to ban the bl**dy things.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
5 hours disturbance 3rd November, 6 hours 4th November right up to 11pm and been going two hours so far; I really have had enough! As a lad it was 5th November only and over by 8pm. As for the complete tw#ts letting them off until 2:30 on New Year's Day every year just give me a rocket and I'll shove it somewhere the sun don't shine and light it....

Society is shafted Mark....people just don't give a toss whether they're causing others stress or not....have you seen the film "The Purge"?....I'd be starting early!

B

binka

I've just got back from the golf club as I said I'd give them a hand with their bonfire and low and behold I was one of three that were letting off the rather huge fireworks and I was doing the rockets! :eek:

Bloody great things too which looked like they were attached to brush handles and I knocked in a few long steel tubes to launch 'em from just to be on the safe side, I was supposed to be letting them off in sequence but that went tits up after fifteen seconds or so and so I just lit everything I could get my hands on :D

Still think they ought to be banned, I was happy enough with the couple of free burgers and pints though :)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Just finished dinner and it's all quiet here - a few bangs and sparks earlier from a couple of neighbours gardens with kids but otherwise it's mostly fields. Shame old Guido wasn't trying to smuggle in some barrels of 15 year old malt - now that would be worth celebrating.................

maggot_dangler

Reaction score

Do you not think it would be better to EDUCATE the muppets instead of ruining it for Everyone just a thought like ...

PG ...

john step

Reaction score
Do you not think it would be better to EDUCATE the muppets instead of ruining it for Everyone just a thought like ...

PG ...

Yes it would BUT does it really work......litter, drink driving, mobile phones in cars, smoking, tail gating, speeding, illegal fish transfers, fish theft.
And more:eek:

Molehill

Reaction score
Not a single firework have I seen or heard, nothing at all, I don't recall it ever being so quiet. Someone in the village usually let's of something, but not this weekend.

Philip

Reaction score
Surprised Kim jong un didnt do another test and say he was only celebrating Guy Faulkes..

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I've just got back from the golf club as I said I'd give them a hand with their bonfire and low and behold I was one of three that were letting off the rather huge fireworks and I was doing the rockets! :eek:

Bloody great things too which looked like they were attached to brush handles and I knocked in a few long steel tubes to launch 'em from just to be on the safe side, I was supposed to be letting them off in sequence but that went tits up after fifteen seconds or so and so I just lit everything I could get my hands on :D

Still think they ought to be banned, I was happy enough with the couple of free burgers and pints though :)

Strewth, they let you loose on the rockets, don't they know you, shouldn't you be wearing a Government warning badge or something.

B

binka

The North Koreans have been head hunting me for some time, it was only when they eventually saw my CV that they thought I might be a bit of a liability :eek:

:D