Bloody guy fawkes

jasonbean1

Reaction score
Not a good night to be down the river.... it’s like world 3 just started :eek:mg:

sam vimes

Reaction score
I was serenaded by the sounds of automatic weapons fire when fishing this afternoon. I'm now home and hearing the odd firework. I think the former sounded closer to WW3 than the latter.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Haven't heard a single firework yet here in the sticks - I think there is an organised display on the village green at the weekend..............

B

binka

Rather than celebrate, the only thing I mourn around November 5th is that Guy Fawkes didn't succeed :(

I shall have a minutes silence in the right honourable gentleman's memory...

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of the advantages of living in Crinkleytown.:)

B

binka

Anyone letting off such things as 'air bombs' before the 5th November ought to have their man fannies stuffed with one and lit before everyone else clears the area before the offal hits the fan!

Ok...

Alright on the night but this is Britain and the mentality that now goes with it!

I'll do it because I can but it's not necessarily a good idea!

And before anyone says anything I have a dog which is trained but two cats which can't be and are on lockdown :mad:

The sooner these things are banned in this otherwise so PC world the bloody better!

slaphead

Reaction score
There are fireworks going off on both sides of us. :eek:

At least it's only for a few days once a year. :eek:mg:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Tonight's barrage has just stopped.....or more likely temporarily paused til the idiots get in from the pub and start up again. What with Guido Bloody Fawkes and Diwali it is akin to The Somme round here for a good fortnight.

And it's only the warm up tonight :eek:mg:

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Sorry guys, my daughters birthday is today and we've always had a bonfire and fireworks. Used to use a Scottish & Newcastle pub when the brewery supplied proper fireworks for a real display which I ran. It's a far more important English institution than Halloween, New year or bl00dy baby showers, so I will continue to celebrate, loose off fireworks, eat hot dogs and baked potatoes. I have always ensured my cats are inside and cared for, anyone who doesn't agree can frankly go forth and multiply in small jerky movements:p

Philip

Reaction score
Surprised its still allowed.

Surely someone somewhere must be offended by it so they have to ban all fireworks, bonfires, crackers, bangers and anything else that constitutes “fun”.

Instead we can enjoy watching a small controlled fire at designated bonfire centers managed by a bonfire warden from behind safety glass. The guy has been replaced by a gender neutral effigy that instead of burning we provide counselling to & sparklers replaced by fluorescent painted sticks with a rubber stopper on the end so you cant poke someones eye out.

Molehill

Reaction score
Living out in the wilds of Wales this has totally passed me by, not a mention of it anywhere (including a couple of hours in the pub), nor a sniff of cordite in the whole valley.

Perhaps tomorrow night will be more exciting, until I read this thread I didn't realise I was missing anything.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Living out in the wilds of Wales this has totally passed me by, not a mention of it anywhere (including a couple of hours in the pub), nor a sniff of cordite in the whole valley.

The news of the gun powder plot wouldn't have reached Wales yet.
:)

peterjg

Reaction score
When I'm Prime Minister I am going to ban fireworks and while I am at it I will also ban canoeists, boats, windsurfers, dogs, shooters, cyclists, litterers, golfers, women drivers, joggers and discussions concerning float rubbers.