Recover Password?

nottskev

Reaction score
Hello. Sorry for the tedious topic. I logged in about a year ago, and haven't logged out. But I've changed my laptop and need my log-in details, and, of course, I don't remember my password.

I looked at the User CP section, but to change my password I need to enter my previous one...

Is there a way to recover your password?

Thanks, Kev

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Kev, the moderators do not have access to password dat, but I suggest you send an PM to "cb" who is the technical supremo here. He might ask you to e-mail using the mailing account that you joined with . . .

Give it a try and let me know.

nottskev

Reaction score
Thanks, Peter. Took a wild guess at what the password might have been...bingo!

Kev

tomino2112

Reaction score
Just in case same happens to someone else, just go to login page and click "forgot password?" and you can reset your password that way without knowing your old pwd

nottskev

Reaction score
Thanks, Tomino. I didn't know if that would happen, so I was reluctant to log out and see!

I remembered the old one, but it's good to know.

tomino2112

Reaction score
Thanks, Tomino. I didn't know if that would happen, so I was reluctant to log out and see!

I remembered the old one, but it's good to know.

Another FYI, most browsers provide "incognito" mode - opens browsers without any of your saved stuff. This way you can access page as non-logged in and see what would happen if you reset your password that way but remain logged in in your "main" browser.

How to go 'Incognito' on your web browser, and what it means