Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Head torch recommends

Fishing quite late at the moment, I’m using a really old head torch which is about as much good as a plastic fire guard, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

binka Guest

Default Re: Head torch recommends

It depends what you want to spend, I've had cheaper head torches such as the Korum and not got on very well with it in the respect of general function and comfort.

I then bought one of these over two years ago and it's very good...

Petzl Tactikka+ Plus 250 Lumens Headtorch | eBay

We actually use them at work early in a morning and they've ditched the ones they were using in favour of these after seeing and trying mine, there are four light level settings as well as the different colours and it doesn't eat batteries.

Very comfortable to wear to the point that you can forget about it and worth a punt if you're prepared to pay the money but it will outlast many of the cheaper ones imo.

I've had Petzls for decades and recommend them highly. Even the basic models last years. I have a couple of Tikkinas hidden away in various tackle bags.

However, Petzls do tend to get a bit pricey as the feature count increases. I'm also not bothered by having a gazillion lumens and the inevitable short battery life that goes with it.

Ended up getting a LED Lenser SEO3 on a low cost deal. I've since added the optional rechargeable battery packs. It was primarily bought for work, but it doubles rather well for fishing.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

The only good head torch is the one with flat batteries.

There's loads of energiser head torches to choose from, i've used them for years and they arn't too expensive. I prefer a basic one with only a couple of different settings and maybe a red setting.......

energiser head torch | eBay

Agree with Tigger, the Energisers are spot on and usually come with batteries. I've got a mini petzl zipka too as a reserve, but the energiser is better I reckon.

Thanks for the suggestions so far

Engergizer for me as well , got mine with 3 light setting red , low light and main beam for a tenner off ebay .

I got one off ebay for not much money. It has two light brightness settings and a red light option for £6.40.
    It has been very reliable.

It looks for all the world identical to one marketed by TFG but without their name emblazoned across the head band for which at the time I think they said "was worth £30" (My foot)

The seller was consecoa (131175) Item no.401239980380.

There's always the vintage option.....................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast