Missing posters!

fishplate42

Reaction score
I can't speak for those who are not here, but I go through phases of forum activity and then periods when I just don't have much to say. Right now I am at one of those in-between times. I have lots of fishing I want to do, but just now it is simpler to get on with other things that are going on in my life and forget about fishing for a while. For me these periods only last weeks or months. Other may take longer breaks and become noticeable by their absence.

Of course, sometimes people decide a board is not for them. The overall 'tone' of the board may not be comfortable. I have found this in the past, on other boards, and just left. These places are meant to be a forum of like-minded people swapping ideas and information and talking about their experiences. When I found myself having to defend everything I said, or being told to get a thicker skin, I just left.

Nobody minds a bit of friendly micky-taking or being taken to task if something is not right, but there are limits. In the time I have been here I have seen very little nastiness (if any), and most members seem to be willing to help or happy to share in my adventures. I can't see me becoming a 'Missing Poster' from here anytime soon.

Ralph.

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I am going missing for while, changed internet providers and its gone tits up. Dec 4th apparently. I knew it would go wrong, British inevitability.

mikench

Reaction score
Don't worry Mark, I'll keep the silly and banal posts and replies to posts going until you are back!:rolleyes::D

bracket

Reaction score
I joined this forum around four years ago, from a forum that suddenly ceased to be. Not being sure what to expect I kept my head down, read and learnt. What I gleaned was that this is a fine friendly forum, frequented by helpful people, who know what they are talking about. I visit the forum most everyday and whilst I don't contribute a lot of input, I avidly read everyone else's. I have not been subjected to anything other than good natured banter on this forum and had the opportunity to meet some members in person, which has always been a good experience. Having said that I do have a skin like an elephant and it would take one well evil git to even begin to upset me. So the bottom line is, I will most likely stay. Pete.

mikench

Reaction score
Could be Graham but we will only know if he posts!:) He may be submerged in academia!;)

bracket

Reaction score
That's twice now I've duplicated a post, is there anyway to delete one it's getting embarrassing. Pete.

bracket

Reaction score
I can delete one for you but then you'll lose the "likes" from that post.

Maybe best to just leave them there . . . . . ?

Peter. Thanks for that. I would appreciate it if you were to delete one. Not being a proud chap my "likeability Rating" is not the greatest of my concerns unlike my attempts to function correctly:;) Pete.

Reaction score
Conversely heated discussion on here can form friendships, i know it has happened with me :)

Heated discussion over fishing is not quite as emotive as politics though Graham(apart from 'barbel wars'),also some people can be quite insulting when voicing their disagreement with a post,several times i've posted on forums,then re-read it later and found how easy it is to be mis-interpreted,the English language eh,that is in spite of trying to be diplomatic in debate,that is when perhaps a message from 'mods' could possibly cool things down,that said having seen responses from certain people i'd always thought sane/intelligent it doesn't always apply unfortunately...

mikench

Reaction score
What are you getting at Alan eh eh!:rolleyes::cool:;)

I agree with you entirely Alan. It would be a dull old world if we all had the same opinion and never contradicted someone. We all continue to learn some slower than others!:) you never know I might even come to like catfish!;)

Steve Pope

Reaction score
Dear All,

I'm prompted to post having seen Mark's complimentary post.

Basically I just don't have the time anymore and I believe we all just move on.

Facebook is my go to place to chat and communicate and I'm sure that's how it is for many.

I'm still fishing as much as ever, writing as well, just finished putting together a bumper issue of Barbel Fisher magazine and I'm still very active in the big issues that impact on us.

My very best to everyone who uses Fishing Magic, it's still an excellent place to visit !

mikench

Reaction score
Nice to see your post Steve! Shame to see you preferring Facebook as I personally dislike it as much as , as much as......... catfish!:)

Reaction score
Whatever gave you the idea I was any of those things :) :)

Again,my inadequacy has left it possible to believe the latter part of my post addressed you Graham(which it certainly didn't), one thing is certain,it is very difficult to have someone virtually ridicule something you totally believe to be fact,it can be very difficult not to be abusive(well for me anyway),many can't resist sniping,human nature again.