Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  155
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Default Missing posters!

Not heard much from Lord Paul, Tee Cee and Derek Gibson for a while! I hope they are all well and just too busy fishing to post!

Default Re: Missing posters!

It seems to happen from time to time. People like Arthur2sheds burst onto the scene then disappear.
    There have been about 3 different mickb s .

Makes you wonder if people get fed up with the angle and do other things.....heresy

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    It seems to happen from time to time. People like Arthur2sheds burst onto the scene then disappear.
    There have been about 3 different mickb s .

Makes you wonder if people get fed up with the angle and do other things.....heresy
    Iirc I think Arthur2sheds took umbridge to the image policy within the site's t's & c's and accordingly slung his hook

I occasionally see Derek listed as viewing very early in a morning, I hope he's ok.

I too hope Derek is well and still thought provoking! We are all ageing save for Philip who remains a 12 year old with infinite wisdom and experience!

Lord Paul was lined up for a back operation, I think. He mentioned it on here, and I pm'ed him about it, as I had the same operation years ago. I've noticed he's not been on, and wondered if he is recuperating.

Often wonder why Thames Mudlarker stopped posting so ubruptly.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    He seemed like a very nice chap with plenty knowledge to boot...pity he's vanished!

Over the years hundreds of posters have disappeared from this forum.
    Recent departures include...

bullet.
    denzinho.
    wa 1115.
    qtaran
    robertroach
    fishing4luckies.

to name a few..

Has it all become a bit repetitive regarding subjects discussed?
    Would more 'fish ins' or dare I suggest 'matches' spark more enthusiasm and banter?
    We don't seem to get many arguments flaring up any more, a bit of controversy?
    Maybe for the better, but they seemed to be popular when they occurred?

Like they say ' you can please some of the people some of the time blah blah blah...'

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    The answer is very clearly there in the forum.

Considering his background circumstances I can't say I blame him or what I suspect was the offending comment as it was clearly intended as innocent, throw away humour which I suspect may have been interpreted differently and it's a very easy and understandable thing to do if you're unfortunate enough to be in a similar situation.

Not made by me by the way, but in a thread which I started and which I wish I hadn't if it had prevented said comment from being made and the resulting departure which ensued

A very sad loss of who seemed like a nice guy and a very experienced angler who had a lot to share, imo.

Yes he was a good bloke but I can't recall the post that might have offended him! Overall this forum is benign and I regard that as very much a positive.

There is enough aggro and animosity in the rest of world without this forum following suit! Helpfulness and polite banter should not be underestimated!

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast