Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default More rods .Hummmmm

I have got to ,learn to put the blinkers on when passing certain emporiums ( loike the stall on the market in blackheath) a few week ago he had a very nice Wychwood 13 foot powerfloat that was mine as soon as i spotted it today he had a wychwood 12 foot River Quiver tri tip that is now mine one of the quiver tips was stuck but soon got that out ok now it's perfect not a mark on it even still had the clear cover on the cork handle .

I have now lost count offically of the number of rods i have too many by far is the best answer but .....

PG ...
    Theres no dark side of the moon really as a matter of fact its all dark

Default Re: More rods .Hummmmm

Quote Originally Posted by maggot_dangler View Post
    I have now lost count offically of the number of rods i have too many by far is the best answer
    Only if you have a wife, or can no longer get through your door, is it possible to have too many rods.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

and if you have a wife and she asks how much it was always say half of what you paid for it.
    Or go the other way and use the "Its easier to beg forgivness,than ask permission " route,

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    Only if you have a wife, or can no longer get through your door, is it possible to have too many rods.
    Yes......i am struggling with the whole concept of "too many rods".....or reels for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    Yes......i am struggling with the whole concept of "too many rods".....or reels for that matter.
    Well the good news is there is no Mrs MD that one was fixed 30 yeras ago the biger problem is space (the final frontier) modern flats are made for people that have no belongings or hobbies or interests .

Althou i have to admit i have been finding it hard get my head around too many rods concept it is more needs must basis .
    Theres no dark side of the moon really as a matter of fact its all dark

This year i had to buy a new bed just to store my rods!

Running out of space I had to buy a steel frame bed to give me maximum room underneath it.

The yesterday I had to put 2 more shelves up just to put reels on

I'm already thinking where I can gain extra space from as I'm sure the tackle collection is going to grow"...

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbean1 View Post
    Running out of space I had to buy a steel frame bed to give me maximum room underneath it.
    You could do with extendable bed legs.

Just jack it up a bit further every time it gets full under there... Watch your head when you get near the ceiling though!

Jason, how about one of those washing drying racks you used to see in times gone by.
    They hung from the ceiling and were accessed by a rope and pulley.
    I am sure rods would fit along one.

Man up you lot. Its how you train them. Just say I AM going to buy that new rod and then nurse the wounds.
    Last edited by john step; 19-11-2017 at 08:37. Reason: Add a bit.

I've declined a few tempting ebay items lately. Yes, it would be nice to have another etc. But I'm feeling like those billionaires who discover you can only eat one lunch. I'm more in need of some good fishing than of another rod, to be honest. Sorry. Feel like I'm letting the side down.

Recently purchased two new drennan float rods, when I find something better I inevitably get rid of something.That way I keep the wife happy ,and keep stocks manageable.
    I have no sentiment with gear what so ever .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast