Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Small stream chub fishing

Got a couple of small streams near me where it's proper jungle fishing . Anyone had any experiences with this kind of fishing?

In places it's a mere 2 ft deep and others it's 6ft. Is it better to ledger with a swan shot or 2 on the line or trotting ?

If ledger any better baits for small streams as guess boilies and pellets be out the window ?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Default Re: Small stream chub fishing

You've more or less got it right Matt, either trot or fish a small lead and avoid those baits as they are selective - maggots will give you a good idea of what's in there and you can learn the river more each time.

Also that jungle will become less of a problem as winter progresses and those little rivers give a better account of themselves after a good bit of rain

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    You've more or less got it right Matt, either trot or fish a small lead and avoid those baits as they are selective - maggots will give you a good idea of what's in there and you can learn the river more each time.

Also that jungle will become less of a problem as winter progresses and those little rivers give a better account of themselves after a good bit of rain
    That was the idea why I have got my interest now as looked in summer and was too overgrown .

But now il go have a go try trotting or ledger baits like lobworms , bread , prawns

I guess feeders are a now as could easily feed too much . Guess if do loose feed anything like mash bread only a little bit .

Thanks

Matt I plan to try a little river this week armed with maggots, prawns and bread! I plan to use a light ledger ie a couple of sssg on a short piece of line, and a trot or two if circumstances allow! Good luck Matt!

Ps I will also be using corn!!!!!!
    Last edited by mikench; 19-11-2017 at 17:32.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Matt I plan to try a little river this week armed with maggots, prawns and bread! I plan to use a light ledger ie a couple of sssg on a short piece of line, and a trot or two if circumstances allow! Good luck Matt!
    If your going where I think your going Mike, maggots/casters and corn are your best bet .

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    If your going where I think your going Mike, maggots/casters and corn are your best bet .
    Corn for chub ? Do they like them ?

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post

I have noticed even after a day of rain here in swindon and I drive over a bridge further downstream the water is flowing nicley .

Can you trott when only a foot or 2 deep ?

Quote Originally Posted by associatedmatt View Post
    I have noticed even after a day of rain here in swindon and I drive over a bridge further downstream the water is flowing nicley .

Are you serious? I yearn for a swim 2 foot deep, yes you can

Yes, one or two feet would constitute a deep swim on some of the becks and small rivers I fish.

Corn for chub ? Do they like them ?

If you wanted to train a chub for the circus you probably manage it if you gave them corn lol. They also like corn/maggot cocktails .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast