Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Will perch take paste?

Well done Ralph ; lovely fish! That's life all over; you go out for a loaf of bread and come back with a piano!

Well done Ralph

How funny, I've been trying to persuade you to go pike fishing for ages but you always find a reason not too.Then you go and accidentally mug a pike, I hope it go the adrenalin going to such an extent you can't wait to go piking proper.

I didnt understand why if none of the baits were working why you didn't try this new paste you've concocted.

I don't know about paste as it is not a bait I use on rivers. But I have caught decent bags of perch on sweetcorn and also small prawns.

To be honest though if I were targeting perch i'd use worms, worms and more worms. Lobs and Dendras although lobs always seem better

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    I didnt understand why if none of the baits were working why you didn't try this new paste you've concocted.
    It is funny you should say that, I was wondering why I had not tried the paste while I was writing the blog. I had planned to find the fish and then see if they would also succumb to my new bait. As the fish never came, I went home - maybe the cold was getting to me, but you are right, I should have given it a go, you never know they may have all rushed in and taken it...

Quote Originally Posted by Richox12 View Post
    I don't know about paste as it is not a bait I use on rivers. But I have caught decent bags of perch on sweetcorn and also small prawns.

To be honest though if I were targeting perch i'd use worms, worms and more worms. Lobs and Dendras although lobs always seem better
    I agree, worms seem to be the number one go-to bait for perch, and I have discovered that is the way to catch them. I just wanted to try something different and see what happened. As it turned out, they were not interested in anything, not even my lobworms, on Saturday.

Ralph.
    Hmmm... Where did that one go?

My fishing blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12