Register Forums Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Search Mark Forums Read

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Old 16-01-2018, 21:44

stu_the_blank will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Timsbury

Neil, S-kip

Thanks for the info. Weather permitting we are going so I'll let you know how we get on.

I suppose that the weather will help stop the overcrowding!!

Stu
Old Yesterday, 08:28

S-Kippy is a glorious beacon of lightS-Kippy is a glorious beacon of lightS-Kippy is a glorious beacon of lightS-Kippy is a glorious beacon of lightS-Kippy is a glorious beacon of light

Stu

Dont let us put you off. I'm afraid Timsbury is no diferent to other similar waters....once they get known about they get popular but in my experience the fishing then starts to tail off because of the pressure. If you are unlucky enough to get a busy day then you cant move around to try to find the fish as much. Last time i was there it was rammed but it may well not be as popular now.

Too many swim wrecking spotties for my liking but even the odd one of those can be welcome on a tough day.Despite it all its still a nice place to fish provided its not too busy.

Enjoy your day....youll probably have a shedload of big roach and prove me wrong.

Skippy
Old Yesterday, 18:50

stu_the_blank will become famous soon enough

Thanks Skip

I will let you know how I get on. We have a pub located as a bolt hole if it get's either too windy or too crowded, so all bases covered!

Stu
Old Today, 10:24

Neil Maidment is a name known to allNeil Maidment is a name known to allNeil Maidment is a name known to allNeil Maidment is a name known to allNeil Maidment is a name known to allNeil Maidment is a name known to all

Hope you're catching today Stu.

My thoughts are also clouded by an event several years ago which is now looked back on with comical affection. But at the time..................!

Via connections forged on FM a good mate bid for a certain lot on the annual Wild Trout Organisation auction. A days coarse fishing for four rods on an "exclusive beat of the River Test". He won that lot with a bid of £200.

My fellow moderator Peter was one of the lucky group of four but unfortunately realised he could not make the date. I took his place. Plenty of time to prepare, talk and anticipate a very rare opportunity to trot an exclusive salmon/trout beat of the famed river. £50 seemed a bargain.

Nigel Connor, his mate, Andy Nellist and I were required to meet the donor, a Barrister (a QC I believe), for an early preparatory breakfast at a pub near Romsey (we picked up the bill!). We then followed him in convoy as he led us to his private exclusive stretch.

All was good as we drove into a car parking area and started a lengthy walk for a guided tour of his beat. We did have the entire beat to ourselves but Andy and I lagged behind a bit and quite quickly realised we may have been here before! The odd rod rest in the ground, a couple of floats in the trees were the clinchers. In unison Andy and I said "it's bloody Timsbury!". And so it was £50 for what was then a £10 day ticket

Our host confirmed we needed to be off the water by dusk. Needless to say we stayed on well into dark as the flake & crumb feeders allied to isotopes on the quivertips were employed........... for nothing!

Nigel C. was mortified but we didn't rib him too much. Well, only for a couple of years after and remind him almost every time we meet up.
Old Today, 11:56

Graham Elliott 1 has a spectacular aura aboutGraham Elliott 1 has a spectacular aura aboutGraham Elliott 1 has a spectacular aura about

Neil.
I'm hoping that Stu takes his pike rod as I suggested.

Best chance of a cracker I think.

Cheers