Northern Angling Show

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
this is more for the Lancashire, Cheshire, Staffordshire and Yorkshire members Is anyone going to it on the 24-25 Feb at Event City near the Trafford Centre Manchester ? This is the 6th year of it and I think the organizers have more or less got it right now, At one time it seemed to be more carp orientated, now there is a fine balance between specimen/carp and match/pleasure fishing,
If anyone is going would you have a look at the "Get Hooked On Fishing" stand and support it by buying a few raffle tickets, there are a couple of things on it for adults and kids to have a go at, It is a charity that helps disadvantaged youngsters get into fishing, they also have fun days and help with junior sections of clubs if asked, I helped out on it last year and a lot of the major tackle firms donated prizes and their main anglers came and chatted with the youngsters, Danny Fairbrass and some of the Korda and Daiwa lads were among the people who did, and they joined in the fun having a go at various things,

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll go if you get me a free entry :).

B

binka

I've often fancied going to something like this but I'm not trekking all the way darn sarf for the one they have down there.

I went to one in the early 90's at the NEC and I enjoyed it, I reckon I will have a bit of coin to splash out by the end of Feb and might just have a wander over if anyone else is interested.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Tigger. You could join my club and volunteer to be on the stand, that way you will get free entry, OR google Get Hooked on Fishing and offer to volunteer, that way you will get free entry and also be helping out with a good and worthy cause, :D

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Binka, I used to enjoy the NEC shows also the Chatsworth Game Fair when that was going, I am got to the Northern Angling Show, possibly on the 25th of Feb, there are some good bargains to be had, I noticed Daiwas prices were more or less the catalogue price though and Preston Innovations were only showing not selling, Vale Royal angling do a show price and that is ok, and a lot of bait firms will do show prices, its a case of walking round and getting the best deal.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You could join my club and volunteer to be on the stand, that way you will get free entry, OR google Get Hooked on Fishing and offer to volunteer, that way you will get free entry and also be helping out with a good and worthy cause, :D

Thanks Mark but i'm in enough clubs bud :).

I think Sam Vines is gonn'a treat me to the entry fee anyhow....he's a bloody good un that Vinesey :).

Ste, if your deffo going i'll take Chris up on his generous offer and pop over !

B

binka

I'll check the weekend rota at work and if I'm not in that weekend i'll pop over.

Is there a bar? :)

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I may be on the fishing clubs stand on the sunday trying to promote the the club ( Lymm Angling Club) but also I will be going for a mooch and scrounging prizes for Get Hooked On Fishing " raffle.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've been to the last two or three, but I'm not sure I'll be going this year. I'll only end up buying something I don't really need if I do go!:eek:;):D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been to the last two or three, but I'm not sure I'll be going this year. I'll only end up buying something I don't really need if I do go!:eek:;):D

So your gonn'a let your gang down then!

sam vimes

Reaction score
So your gonn'a let your gang down then!

Which one? The four of us that used to go are down to, at best three, at worst one. With the entry fee and the total petrol cost to bear, there would need to be something I was desperate to see/buy. As I've spent up on the Browning rods, I'll probably have to pass, especially as I don't have any work in the pipeline yet for this year.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Which one? The four of us that used to go are down to, at best three, at worst one. With the entry fee and the total petrol cost to bear, there would need to be something I was desperate to see/buy. As I've spent up on the Browning rods, I'll probably have to pass, especially as I don't have any work in the pipeline yet for this year.

No, I mean the FM gang.
I must addmit the cost of entry and juice to travel to it is on top and especially if your on yer jack. Couldn't blame you for knocking it on the head. Can't say i've ever paid to go into a angling show, it does go against the grain, paying money to get into a venue where the chances are your gonn'a spend money....daft in'it.
I was just thinking of it being a bit of a social thing, I still haven't met Ste Bink. Maybe worth deciding nearer the time as I think it's a few weeks off yet anyhow.

chrissh

Reaction score
Me and my mate are going bought our tickets 2 week ago… if anyone stuck for a lift or wants to tag along got room in the car for 2 more (Dronfield - Sheffield aria)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Chrissh if I could click like on your post I would do, unfortunately I have not got the click option, So well done for offering the lift :):thumbs:

Done it for you Mark :).

Terry D

Reaction score
I decided not to go to the Northern Show last year as quite a few exhibitors would not be there and would only be at the Southern Show. Luckily My wife and I were visiting friends down south so I was able to attend.
I will be going to the Northern Show this year as visiting family in Bolton that weekend. Any MDers may see me on the Angling Trust stand if they want to stop and chat.