Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chris Bishop Guest

My dog has now got so into going fishing he becomes unbearable from the night before if he sees me sorting the rods out, making traces etc.

The words fishy fishy send him hurtling around the house looking for his lead.

When he was small, I enjoyed having this timid little puppy with me. Other anglers would come and pet him and tell me what a lovely, well-behaved dog he was.

Now he's nearly two years old and a total nightmare. He jumps for baits when you're casting. Sometimes when he's bored, he'll pick a rod off the rests and try and run off with it.

If you're playing a fish, he'll jump in after it. He's even landed in the net just as I was about to pull a fish over it.

Last week, I put one back and he chased it down the margins straight past a bloke in the next swim.

"Ere, right, I just seen this pike go bow waving right under my rods and your dog was chasing after 'im..."

He takes an instant dislike to some other anglers and attacks them on sight.

One of my mates feeds him, so instead of sinking his teeth into him he kept going up and crapping by his rods today. Then he went and cocked his leg on his bait bucket.

He squared up to the bailiff, who said: "You don't want to go biting me boy, because you don't know what you're gonna get back..."

The dog mulled this over for a second or two, decided he had a point, turned round and bit me instead.

"Ha ha ha Bish me ole podna, that's the biggest bite you're gonna get all day," said m'learned friend, pissing himself laughing, as I clasped my hand to stem the bleeding.

I want to go out without him tomorrow, but he's seen me getting some stuff ready and he's already crashed out next to my rucksack.

Sometimes, when you go fishing, you hanker after peace and quiet.

If I can get up early enough, I might be able to sneak out of the house without waking him up.

Cakey Guest

ha ha ha

mines the same

when I get down to the bank he sits there shaking until I catch and when I put them back he goesin after it swims around in circles then gets out sits down shaking again until the next one

if Im piking he go in and retrieves the pike float for me

I call him Buddy Orrible

Cakey Guest

I took him to a small park lake a little while ago where he spent most of the time circling the lake keeping all the ducks in the water much to everyones amusement

I take both mine from time to time. Bassett Hound called Charlie, Springer caller Arnold after the kids cartoon.

Arnold is 5 years old and has been going fishing with me since I got him.

I dont take them everytime, weekend sessions are the worst, I dont take them.

But the Springer sits at home and pines, he dont eat, just lays down looking sad the wife says. Charlie dont mind either way it seems.

Both dogs sit watching me getting my gear ready, they know where I am going.

Must say they both like to have a swim when we first get there, then they settle down for a while. When I do a one night session and they come along, I take an old bedchair for them to both sleep on, one tread each, works wonders.

Cakey Guest

mines 20 months now

most women only wait 9 months[img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]

Cakey Guest

your mad

I am glad I didn’t get to meet the dog[img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]
    It's not the size of the a**hole you worry about, it's how much sh*t comes out of it

Todmorden.Its in Yorkshire not Lancashire.

I tie my 2 GSDs to the legs on my fishing box when I fish my local canal,they love being with me just watching the world go by and occansionally growling at passersby.
    The cycling,fishing,142 bashing demon

Baz (Angel of the North) Guest

A dogs the best company you could have when you go fishing. You don't have to worry about anyone creeping up on you in the night. More trustworthy than anybody.I used to have a little Heeler. I don't know how she did it but she would sit between one certain anglers legs and watch them swing fish in all day. And never bothered with anglers who hardly caught anything.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast