Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Default Environment Agency

anybody here that represents that organisation ?
    trying to report an incident leaves you feeling almost ashamed of trying
    some zombie at the other end of the phone just sits there typing with one finger and keeps asking you to repeat yourself
    meanwhile loads of **** keeps going down the river but at least some useless sod has filled a form in to justify his position

Blog Entries

Default Re: Environment Agency

Quote Originally Posted by john r stockburn View Post
    anybody here that represents that organisation ?
    trying to report an incident leaves you feeling almost ashamed of trying
    some zombie at the other end of the phone just sits there typing with one finger and keeps asking you to repeat yourself
    meanwhile loads of **** keeps going down the river but at least some useless sod has filled a form in to justify his position

The EA and their "partner" the angling trust say phone the police, what response you would get would be interesting to know.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Quote Originally Posted by thecrow View Post
    The EA and their "partner" the angling trust say phone the police, what response you would get would be interesting to know.
    I would not call the response I got interesting !...........unless you can convince me of the fascination of watching a glass eye going to sleep
    tried both parties and ......................................

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by john r stockburn View Post
    I would not call the response I got interesting !...........unless you can convince me of the fascination of watching a glass eye going to sleep
    tried both parties and ......................................

Its the response both I and my son have had despite all the bulls*** PR by the trust and police forces across the country.

I usually get a good response from the EA.

But I do a number of things.

Ask for an incidence number.
    Ask the name of the person I am speaking to
    Ask that I receive an outcomes report.

My last call regarding pollution on a trout stream running through Wooburn Green resulted in a call back the same day from the investigating Officer who was onsite.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Elliott 1 View Post
    I usually get a good response from the EA.

But I do a number of things.

My last call regarding pollution on a trout stream running through Wooburn Green resulted in a call back the same day from the investigating Officer who was onsite.

I had a similar experience when I reported that the river Anker had turned white, I got a call back the next day which considering it was a weekend was good, its the illegal fishing and fish theft that I haven't had any success with.

The EA is a government agency therefore it does what our mainly ignorant politicians tell it to do - mostly lip service!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Elliott 1 View Post

These steps are almost mandatory if you want to get anything done as a result of a call to just about anyone. (Not just EA, insurance, HMRC, booking anything over the phone, online returns or complaints).

If someone thinks they may actually be held accountable for their actions, then they are far more likely to complete those actions.

It's the modern I don't GAS culture, that is not limited to young people!

Afraid that I concluded a good few years back when the EA constantly buried their heads in the sand re the cormorant problem that they are as much use as the proverbial chocolate fireguard. What is truly galling is how, sometime after an angling incident which at the time they describe as "anecdotal", they start asking anglers to report in related matters and trumpet that "lessons have been learnt".