Cleaning your flask.

flightliner

Reaction score
I looked into my flask yesterday and decided it really did need a clean. Tried a bottle cleaning brush and cillit bang but was hard work and only a partial success.
Any other ideas that really work?

dave m

Reaction score
my flask doesnt get cleaned.
it only has water, tea and a bit of sugar in it so it gets tea stained but doesnt get stinky cos no milk goes in it.
the milk is in a separate small plastic bottle.

if and when i ever do need to clean it i will use steradent tablets.

shane99

Reaction score
Bicarb here as well with one of the Mrs bottle cleaning cleaning thingy's , bicarb will also deodorise.

Havnt thought of steradent so thanks for that, maybe when I have false teeth

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
A short length of sink plug chain, bit of diluted washing up liquid and a good shake.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

fred hall

Reaction score
Yes good old bicarb. of soda. It's cheap, easily available so why bother with anything else. Oh nearly forgot to say it works.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes good old bicarb. of soda. It's cheap, easily available so why bother with anything else. Oh nearly forgot to say it works.

Plus you can put a teaspoonful in a flask of hemp to make it blacker.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
One of my fishing buddies swears by Steradent tablets . . . . luke warm water and a couple of tablets and the job is done.

He says he leaves it overnight and has never had any problems

flightliner

Reaction score
Bought some steradent tablets and popped two in my flask.
Poured it out an hour ago-- my god- the water looked like it was full of rust scales.
Thanks for the tips all.

B

binka

I reckon I'm gonna need something a little stronger, I bought one of those Thermos food flasks yesterday to take to work with me and I gave it a go today with oats in hot milk.

Judging by what's left in the bottom I reckon nothing short of a jigger pick will shift it!

If anyone wants a cheap alternative to fence post mix I can give them the right proportions...

sam vimes

Reaction score
I reckon I'm gonna need something a little stronger, I bought one of those Thermos food flasks yesterday to take to work with me and I gave it a go today with oats in hot milk.

Judging by what's left in the bottom I reckon nothing short of a jigger pick will shift it!

If anyone wants a cheap alternative to fence post mix I can give them the right proportions...

It always amazes me that oats have not been used as a building material or adhesive. You should see the state of a grain dryer that's had oats put through it. It's a minor miracle that regular porridge eaters don't poop bricks.

mikench

Reaction score
I agree with the adhesive qualities of porridge and that it must have some commercial uses! Combine with scrambled eggs and you could stick almost anything to anything or resurface the M1:rolleyes: Steve Just fill the flask with boiling water and buy your porridge in those disposable cups to which you just add the hot water!

john step

Reaction score
Ordinary SODA will work just as well as bicarb.

Plus I have mentioned this before on here.... avoid those flasks that you push a button down on the stopper to release the drink.
The mechanism which you can't get at will get to be a conglomerate of fedit gunk and rust which your beverage will pass through when you pour.

Bon Appetite:eek:

Philip

Reaction score
I recon a dried on cornflake will give porridge oats a run for their money.

Ok they wont rival them for tarmacking of large surfaces but for smaller jobs a cornflake will literally spot weld itself to a surface to the extent that you have more chance of chiseling the enamel off the plate before the corn flake comes off.

PS I intend to try the Steradent tablets as well - nice tip.

Reaction score
I fill the flask with boiling water,then get just the tip of a teaspoon with bicarbonate of soda,wait till the fizzing eases then add a bit more,keep adding till it gently fizzes without bubbling over,leave it for a couple of hours,empty,rinse with cold water,then half fill with cold water,put the screw kid back on and shake the hell out of it,shines like a newun afterwards.:)