New Licence

tonya

Reaction score
Just had a screen pop-up saying my licence expires today, yet the expiry date on my licence reads 31 march 2018.
Which is right?

sam vimes

Reaction score
How on earth would anyone, other than the EA, know when your fishing licence expires? It's not even the case that everyone's licence expires on the same day any longer. Did you even buy your licence online?

Like 99% of unsolicited email or on-line notifications, ignore it completely.

rayner

Reaction score
Probably one of these companies that charge an extortionate rate for getting your licence for you.
Ignore it.

floatfish

Reaction score
Assuming you still have your old license,that will give you the expiry date.
Mine expires on 31st March , got a reminder letter from E.A to say it will
be renewed under the standing order I have with them, money being taken
out around the first of March.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I get at least 30 or 40 scam emails a week, some are quite clever but not usually as blunt as this which I got this morning, not much imagination this ****.

Dear friend

I am contacting you because I am dying and I want you to adopt my daughter. In Adopting my daughter, I am willing to allocate to you my funds deposited in a bank. When I get response from you, I will give you more details.

Charlotte Jonathan.

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I get at least 30 or 40 scam emails a week, some are quite clever but not usually as blunt as this which I got this morning, not much imagination this ****.

Dear friend

I am contacting you because I am dying and I want you to adopt my daughter. In Adopting my daughter, I am willing to allocate to you my funds deposited in a bank. When I get response from you, I will give you more details.

Charlotte Jonathan.

Is anybody gullible enough to fall for stuff like this cos theyve been around for ever ?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Is anybody gullible enough to fall for stuff like this cos theyve been around for ever ?

They still do apparently, some of these dating websites catch lonely people out fairly often but that is a bit different.
Your right, they have been around forever, Mr Kimbwombo from Nigeria has been asking me for years to help him get funds out of his country. he's almost a family friend now, wish he would include his address, I would send him a Christmas card.

nottskev

Reaction score
They still do apparently, some of these dating websites catch lonely people out fairly often but that is a bit different.
Your right, they have been around forever, Mr Kimbwombo from Nigeria has been asking me for years to help him get funds out of his country. he's almost a family friend now, wish he would include his address, I would send him a Christmas card.

Mr Kimbwombo wants me to send you his address, but I'll need your help to cover the administrative costs. Look forward to hearing from you soon.