Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: New Licence

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Bexhill on Sea
    Posts
    102

    Default New Licence

    Just had a screen pop-up saying my licence expires today, yet the expiry date on my licence reads 31 march 2018.
    Which is right?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South East England
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: New Licence

    Quote Originally Posted by tonya View Post
    Just had a screen pop-up saying my licence expires today, yet the expiry date on my licence reads 31 march 2018.
    Which is right?
    Could be a scam.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Yorkshire.
    Posts
    10,826

    Default Re: New Licence

    How on earth would anyone, other than the EA, know when your fishing licence expires? It's not even the case that everyone's licence expires on the same day any longer. Did you even buy your licence online?

    Like 99% of unsolicited email or on-line notifications, ignore it completely.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South Yorkshire.
    Posts
    2,426
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New Licence

    Probably one of these companies that charge an extortionate rate for getting your licence for you.
    Ignore it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    2,064

    Default Re: New Licence

    I received my direct debit reminder in the post on Saturday.

  6. #6

    Default Re: New Licence

    Assuming you still have your old license,that will give you the expiry date.
    Mine expires on 31st March , got a reminder letter from E.A to say it will
    be renewed under the standing order I have with them, money being taken
    out around the first of March.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Bexhill on Sea
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: New Licence

    Thanks guys.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tipton by the cut ..
    Posts
    1,270

    Default Re: New Licence

    Quote Originally Posted by steve2 View Post
    I received my direct debit reminder in the post on Saturday.
    yes likewise in the post Saturday as for the screen message about license expirey spam i think is the best description i can use on here ...

    PG ...
    Theres no dark side of the moon really as a matter of fact its all dark

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South East England
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: New Licence

    I get at least 30 or 40 scam emails a week, some are quite clever but not usually as blunt as this which I got this morning, not much imagination this ****.

    Dear friend

    I am contacting you because I am dying and I want you to adopt my daughter. In Adopting my daughter, I am willing to allocate to you my funds deposited in a bank. When I get response from you, I will give you more details.



    Charlotte Jonathan.
    Last edited by markg; 23-01-2018 at 08:46.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3
    Posts
    11,414

    Default Re: New Licence

    Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    I get at least 30 or 40 scam emails a week, some are quite clever but not usually as blunt as this which I got this morning, not much imagination this ****.

    Dear friend

    I am contacting you because I am dying and I want you to adopt my daughter. In Adopting my daughter, I am willing to allocate to you my funds deposited in a bank. When I get response from you, I will give you more details.



    Charlotte Jonathan.
    Is anybody gullible enough to fall for stuff like this cos theyve been around for ever ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •