Not a thing done

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well not put hook in water for a couple of weeks now .
Hope to get out for a while tomorrow , but time hs not been totally wasted now have basically spotless gear every thing has been stripped cleaned rebuilt awaiting a test .

This winter for some reason has been very hard fro me to get out , just have n ot felt upto it hopefully that will now start changing as the mornings get lighter i will get motivated ( plus as it warms up the bones will quit aching so dang much Grrrrr) ...

Missing the fihing it has to be said i have tried a few times but nope too dang cold .. i must be getting soft these days .

PG ...

carlosd

Reaction score
Good Luck for tomorrow if you manage to get out :)

Roll on summer season I say :)

flightliner

Reaction score
It happens to us all at one time or another, miss a couple of weeks and suddenly the will dissipates , a few weeks on and it takes a big effort to get out but once you do it feels good to be back where we love being best.

nottskev

Reaction score
I know the feeling. I'd been out 3 times a week, more, occasionally, through the winter, til I came up with a novel addition to the usual diseases sometime in the middle of January. There's something about a persistent stomach ache that puts you off fishing on a cold and windy day. After a bit of diy dietician work - I left out dairy for a while, and then stuff with wheat in for a bit - I think I've hit on the problem. After a couple of weeks avoiding bread etc I was feeling a lot better, and decided the bread was incidental, so I fancied a croissant, which knocked me out for 24 hours. That's not normal, is it? As it dawned on me, all the sandwiches, pizza, breads of the world, cakes and biscuits I intended to eat flashed before my eyes. Sorry about the medical report, but I felt a bit guilty I hadn't posted any HDYGO for a while. I'm hoping to dust off the gear before long.

mikench

Reaction score
I was beginning to worry Kev and I too have been under the weather for weeks ! The closest I have been to fishing has been this site! Could you have developed a gluten intolerance? All the best!

Last edited:

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Hi Yep Know the feeling been a bit like it myself . Makes me wonder whats going on there seems to have been a lot suffering the same sort of things i have also cut bread out almost completely with similar efffects interesting ....

As for today Yea right it keeps trying to snow here so nope did n ot get out blow that one as a game of soldiers .

PG ...

flightliner

Reaction score
. Sorry about the medical report, but I felt a bit guilty I hadn't posted any HDYGO for a while. I'm hoping to dust off the gear before long.
Nah, no worries Kev, take all the time you want,with all the fish you report week after week not posting any of em for a week or two makes us all feel a lot better lol ! :thumb::fish2::first:
(Glad you're feeling better btw).

nottskev

Reaction score
Thanks for those comments. After 3 weeks indoors, I've never had such clean and tidy tackle. Nor so many hooks tied. Roll on some warmer weather!

john step

Reaction score
I know the feeling. I'd been out 3 times a week, more, occasionally, through the winter, til I came up with a novel addition to the usual diseases sometime in the middle of January. There's something about a persistent stomach ache that puts you off fishing on a cold and windy day. After a bit of diy dietician work - I left out dairy for a while, and then stuff with wheat in for a bit - I think I've hit on the problem. After a couple of weeks avoiding bread etc I was feeling a lot better, and decided the bread was incidental, so I fancied a croissant, which knocked me out for 24 hours. That's not normal, is it? As it dawned on me, all the sandwiches, pizza, breads of the world, cakes and biscuits I intended to eat flashed before my eyes. Sorry about the medical report, but I felt a bit guilty I hadn't posted any HDYGO for a while. I'm hoping to dust off the gear before long.

Kev, My sandwich maker has been under a hospital dietitian this past year. Apparently its the gluten in wheat products that upset her. There are gluten free products to try....at a price of course. Not to be too morbid....if its coeliacs its much more serious. Should be tested. John.

B

binka

I thought you looked quite well in yourself on Wednesday night Kev although that's no measure of what's going on inside.

Either way I hope you are back on top form very soon and back to winkling a few out :positive:

Does Field Mill in the Spring tickle the piscatorial taste buds?

nottskev

Reaction score
I thought you looked quite well in yourself on Wednesday night Kev although that's no measure of what's going on inside.

Either way I hope you are back on top form very soon and back to winkling a few out :positive:

Does Field Mill in the Spring tickle the piscatorial taste buds?

Thanks, Steve, I was feeling much improved on Wednesday, and the croissant reaction has only lasted as long as a hangover, so I'm hoping a bit of dietary care will keep things under control.

I certainly do fancy another day on the dam. We're bound to get some milder weather before long, and it can only be less windy than last time.