Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kamasan black cap feeders

As I said earlier, they are items intended for different spheres of angling. The black cap feeders were designed well before lead clips were being used by anyone but out and out carpers. Lead clips are invariably designed with size 8 swivels in mind. Perhaps you might be well served looking at the miniature line clips that are out there. Be wary though, you might still find that the black cap swivel is a bit small, they simply are not intended to be used in conjunction with lead clips.

Blog Entries

If you really want to use a lead clip with the feeder why not change the power gum and put a larger swivel on but personally I would just use a link swivel.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Thanks all. I will just add a link swivel. I have so many feeders, swivels and other bits of end tackle I could open a shop!

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Thanks all. I will just add a link swivel. I have so many feeders, swivels and other bits of end tackle I could open a shop!
    Mike, I often add a weaker line than my mainline to the feeder/weight which is often referred to by anglers as a rotton bottom. I imagine ypu know about it and how it allows you to loose your feeder rather than you whole set up if the feeder is snagged.
    I just put my line through the feeder swivel, tie a loop and the thread my mainline through the loop or attatch the loop to a running clip. This is the best way to fish a lot of sangy rocky rivers.

5. Default Re: Kamasan black cap feeders

I use these a lot and attach a quick link to the swivel & then a large ring swivel to the quick link for a sort of semi-fixed type of setup using a rubber tail over the mail line swivel (I put a rubber sleeve over the whole of the metal work to avoid tangles). It works really well for me.

Mike I am a bit confused as to what your trying to do. In your first post you mentioned fishing them fixed in a helicoper rig or free running to a bead, then you say your fishing them on a lead clip ?

Probably me and I didnt read every post but what exactly are you trying to do ...are you intending to fish it running or semi fixed ?

I use them both ways and when fixed to the end of the line with the heliocopter rog above im fine. It's when i try to fix them to a small lead clip that they wont fit. Free running to a bead they are fine but when a change of feeder is required i have to satrt again. Not a problem Philip( i have plenty of others) really and more of a comment really.

I

Having pretty much run out of thamesley block ends, I use black caps for nearly all my river barbel and chub feeder fishing. I replace the micro swivels with a haberdashery bead and power gum. Then just fish it free running to the hooklength knot. The diameter of the bead is small so that the feeder is not a “running” Leger ... but also not a fixed paternoster. It’s a super simple rig.

Lead clips are designed to "dump" the lead in the event it becomes snagged in any way to fit in with the current carp fishing trend of releasing the lead to protect the hook hold.
    There is no reason to use them with feeders at all unless you want to loose a feeder every cast.

You are right. I got the small Korum ones when I first started off and knew little better than I know now. I found they were easy to use and enabled me to switch feeders and hook lengths easily. I can fit the black caps on but they are a little tight! Hey ho ! Note to self; don't be such a lazy so and so!

I have never lost a feeder to a snag in the water; islands and trees are another matter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12