Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kamasan black cap feeders

I use these a lot when using a maggot feeder and if that is my stated intent for the entire session, I am happy to fix them to the line if using a helicopter rig or free running to a bead. Does anyone else find that the swivel for doing so is too small if you want to use , say, the Korum running rig or similar! A bigger swivel is needed methinks but what do I know!!!

Default Re: Kamasan black cap feeders

It's the difference between something intended to be used by match/general coarse anglers and specimen angling. After all, Korum are the speci arm of Preston. The swivel can be replaced if needed. However, I suspect that quite a few match types would be less than impressed if they came fitted with a bigger swivel.

Can't you just use a link swivel?

Kamasan black cap feeders-image.jpg

Yes I can and do but this extends the overall feeder length and is another tiny bit of end tackle you need to add which would be unnecessary if a slightly bigger swivel was fitted! I am interested to see what others think and do!

Not sure what your trying to do?.....I use these if I need a rig that's more robust than just a snap swivel on the line.

https://www.harrissportsmail.com/uk/...SABEgKJ1PD_BwE

Been using these for a while, like them a lot, there worth a try.

Blog Entries

I found a bag full of black caps in my tackle room when I was hunting for a pole rest, it appears the pole rest as found a good hiding place as they're nowhere to be found.
    Any way the power gum in the feeders turned out to be perished. couldn't be bothered to buy power gum so made a couple inline that work just fine for me.
    No swivel just a speed bead to hook my hooklength to.
    Will save me a few quid (always good for a Yorkshire man) there were 37 feeders in the bag, result.

I bought these when I started out and still do!https://www.korum.co.uk/products/rig...nge-lead-clips

The swivel on the blackcaps will not easily fit them to my annoyance. I have other alternatives and am not in the least perturbed. It's bad design in my book and was curious what others did. The inline Korum ones didn't last long with me and the clasp which locks the clam shell in place broke on all three so these have not been replaced!!

To be fair though, they were probably designed 20+ years ago and not made to be used with lead clips back then

Quite probably but a slightly larger swivel is hardly demanding of a great deal of r&d!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast