Unexpected side effect of fishing!

mikench

Reaction score
View attachment 3865I love birds and birdwatching and still do ! However i am becoming very anti, gulls, cormorants, swans, geese, coots and moorhens! They are a real pain particularly on shallow meres when they dive down for your bait! I just wish I could give vent with some of the er apparatus I still retain!!!

Quite how a flock of black headed gulls can appear out of an empty sky at the sight of a 10mm boilie being catapulted 50 yards at high speed and altitude amazes me! They then hang around for ages!

The robin however is most welcome !

Last edited:

ian g

Reaction score
I had 3 of them fighting over the maggots I was dropping on the tow path while fishing the canal the other weekend . They brighten up the day . Cracking photograph Mike.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
yes that robin looks like he's been eating too many boilies and as a result the diabetes kicked in and he had to have a leg amputated!

rayner

Reaction score
You surprise me Mike, I had you down as more tolerant than you show in your post. :painkiller:
Perhaps the birds you mention may be think you are feeding them and not the fish. :hungry:
What if any things have you tried to dissuade the birds that obviously think you are their chum. You could fill a margin along the bank away from you with micros or a bag of cheap corn to congregate your friends in corner out of the way.

mikench

Reaction score
I am more tolerant than my prose suggests!!!:) I didn't dwell on the other tactics I adopted yesterday to alleviate the boredom but one was to fire off a few boilies with my boilie punt as far away from my prefered baiting area as possible and then, when the hooligan gulls flew after them , i fired off a few in the right direction!! Did I not say I had a cunning plan. I had no plan for the mallards which dived down after my corn and hybrid feeder! I still regard them as a pain!:)

mikench

Reaction score
yes that robin looks like he's been eating too many boilies and as a result the diabetes kicked in and he had to have a leg amputated!

" oi who are you calling a one legged big breasted fat bird"" Robin Redbreast aka, think of your favourite!!

mikench

Reaction score
I am sure there are a number of our avian friends who have yet to annoy me Graham! :) Note to self be more understanding!!!!

B

binka

I'm always up for a decent looking bird, especially ones which can choose your floats for you...

004.jpg

:cool: