Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Favourite fish and method

What’s everyone’s favourite species and method to catch said species? Also, why is it so appealing?

I’d say mine is probably running a stick for roach or a Waggler for tench, just something about mending the line on a long trot or seeing a Waggler dissapper on a calm summers morning that does it for me. Waggler in the summer and a stick in the autumn months.

Having said that my most common method is a feeder for bream, which I do also enjoy.

Default Re: Favourite fish and method

Got to be Tench and crucian on the waggler float and grayling on a stick float, chub on the surface floating baits.

Then on the other side feeder for tench, crucian, chub, bream.

As long as I’m out on the bank fishing any fish that take my bait is a bonus
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

Has to be tincas followed by crucians . Lift float method for tench and standard waggler for crucians

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm still on a great and enjoyable learning curve with so many methods to explore and try but to date in the three plus years I've been back fishing I have to say the most fun and exciting method is sight fishing.

No float, bobbin or tip required (part of the reason I enjoy it I guess being so lazy) just place the bait on the deck in gin clear water and watch and wait or on the surface waiting for that mouth to engulf the bait.

Laying on in a river for roach using bread as bait.

Anything that catches me a fish. I must admit that I find feeder fishing easier and thus more successful! I do intend to do more float fishing this year as one loses the ability ( a very relative term in my case) very quickly!

Blog Entries

Stick float fishing using maggot for Roach . . . . . .

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Lure fishing, so much easier the lugging all the tackle around. Fish wise anything I can get to take a lure, which can sometimes be surprising when roach or rudd turn up.
    When I am not lure fishing I would say feeder fishing or float fishing for tench.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Anything that catches me a fish. I must admit that I find feeder fishing easier and thus more successful! I do intend to do more float fishing this year as one loses the ability ( a very relative term in my case) very quickly!
    Agree with you there mike , feeder fishing does seem a far more productive method or even ledgering in genral

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'd feeder and ledger fished the Severn for years but over the last 3 or 4 years I have float fished almost exclusively , mainly for perch but not always . I find watching a float enjoyable and relaxing . I wouldn't say it's the most effective way always but for me it's all about enjoying myself.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast