End tackle

Specihunter

Reaction score
Any recommendations on floats, hooks and hooklinks please?
Hooks- float, feeder and river fishing.
Floats not a fan of plastic floats don't need river floats
Hooklinks well all including braid.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Any recommendations on floats, hooks and hooklinks please?
Hooks- float, feeder and river fishing.
Floats not a fan of plastic floats don't need river floats
Hooklinks well all including braid.
Wouod help us a bit knowing what species you fishing and is it still water and what type of rods and your mainline being used .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Specihunter

Reaction score
Wouod help us a bit knowing what species you fishing and is it still water and what type of rods and your mainline being used .

All really apart from big carp and pike. I'm going to fish lakes, rivers and canals. I'm going with 4/8lb feeder 3/6lb float.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
All really apart from big carp and pike. I'm going to fish lakes, rivers and canals. I'm going with 4/8lb feeder 3/6lb float.
Lakes wise . Depends what bait using and what fish . Gardner target hooks are good for specimen fish . Small to medium carp and tench i use low as a 16 with 2 fake maggots or casters on a hair but also a 16 will put 3 maggots on but use upto a 10 . Bream personally dont target them but caugh them on big carp hooks and small 18 hooks too . If im on method feeder i use guru method 4" hooklinks unless big carp , you can get pellet bands , normall hairs and quickstops for bait like meat or corn . But have used bigger hooks like size 6 with a big lump of meat on too .

Hooklengths wise . Flourocarbon is good made by drennan or even mono too by drennan . Its called suplex

Recomend gardner hooks as said , but also guru qm1 hooks , korum specimen hook are good too and like the drennan range too .

The drennan ready tied hooks to nylon for small baits like pinkies are handy when using size 22 etc

stillwater blue

Reaction score
I buy alot of Drennan and David Harrell floats. I use alot of peacock wagglers both insert and regular from either company but I do like the truncheon wagglers for running water and bigger baits and the stillwater blue is my favourite stillwater float.

Hooks are Kamasan - I use animals, B611 and B511

For hooklinks I use Preston reflo powerline for everything and have done for years, simply brillant stuff. When I use braid I tend to use Esp Gravel braid or Drennan sink link but it's rare I use braid these days. I used to love kryston stuff when I was carp fishing