Drennan Polemaster Margin Carp 8.5m

Nomad1

Reaction score
Just got one of these. It’s got a top 2 then another top 2 that I’m guessing is for cupping. Does anyone know if the Drennan Univeral top 2s fit this pole? It seems that most of the margin pole spares are for the series 7 or Red range that have superceded this model. It’s been an age since I’ve pole fished so I’m pretty out of touch. Cheers:eek:mg:

Nomad1

Reaction score
Give Drennan a call on 01865 748989 that way you will get the correct answer to your question/s
Cheers mate. Just rung & they’re gonna call me back. Very helpful they were too.

rayner

Reaction score
The second top two can be used for a cupping kit, personally I would just put a different elastic in it.
I would buy a universal for a cupping kit.

Nomad1

Reaction score
The second top two can be used for a cupping kit, personally I would just put a different elastic in it.
I would buy a universal for a cupping kit.
I think the spare top2 is already a universal cupping kit on mine. A Drennan universal top 2 is almost what I paid for the pole:eek:mg: Hey ho. Cheers

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Measure the diameter of the male end on your number 4 section, if it is around 21-23 mm try a middy
top kit and cut the female end back to suit, if its 18mm I know Preston do one for around £35 which is adjustable
in length, Why do you need a cupping kit for 8.5 metres ? you can throw bait/groundbait in by hand at that distance.
another option is to kinder pot your bait in, Will you be using it as a dedicated margin pole or as a short pole ?

Nomad1

Reaction score
Measure the diameter of the male end on your number 4 section, if it is around 21-23 mm try a middy
top kit and cut the female end back to suit, if its 18mm I know Preston do one for around £35 which is adjustable
in length, Why do you need a cupping kit for 8.5 metres ? you can throw bait/groundbait in by hand at that distance.
another option is to kinder pot your bait in, Will you be using it as a dedicated margin pole or as a short pole ?
I bought this second hand & it came with 1 power top2 plus a universal cupping kit. I’d have preferred a spare top 2 so I could alternate between the margins & open water as a short pole. I’m happy enough with the pole as it’s mint but would like a spare top 2 with a lighter elastic for silvers. I can get the Drennan Univeral for about £50 pre bushed & elasticated & cut it down I suppose, or wait to see if an original top 2 appears on the bay.....

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Like I said, you don't really need a cupping kit at that length, I would cut the end of your cupping kit off,
bush the end and elasicate kit. but before you do that try a middy universal top kit, they are just shy of half the price of a drennan, or take your number 4 section to a couple of tackle shops to see what they have that will fit.
I wanted a top kit for a Daiwa yank n bank pole, Daiwa price around £35, I went to go outdoors and found a top 2
off a Ron Thompson Gangsta pole fitted perfectly with no cutting back for the princely sum of £16. You could try one of those as well.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I bought this second hand & it came with 1 power top2 plus a universal cupping kit. I’d have preferred a spare top 2 so I could alternate between the margins & open water as a short pole. I’m happy enough with the pole as it’s mint but would like a spare top 2 with a lighter elastic for silvers. I can get the Drennan Univeral for about £50 pre bushed & elasticated & cut it down I suppose, or wait to see if an original top 2 appears on the bay.....
Go on Fishing Republic website or into a store if there is one nearby, they have Universal side puller top kits in the sale at around £20 unelasticated and £27 elasticated, they fit a number of poles without cutting back, such as Maver, Browning , Map, so even if you have to cut the base back to fit they are a bargain,

Nomad1

Reaction score
Go on Fishing Republic website or into a store if there is one nearby, they have Universal side puller top kits in the sale at around £20 unelasticated and £27 elasticated, they fit a number of poles without cutting back, such as Maver, Browning , Map, so even if you have to cut the base back to fit they are a bargain,
Cheers mate, I’ll have a look.