What's in your tackle box?

Chevin_Rutilus

Reaction score
Title says it all.

I have one tackle box(tupperware box from home bargains) that I use for all my float fishing whether that's trotting for roach or waggler for tench. The contents are as follows:-
Hooks 20-8
2lb hooklength , only use hook length for silvers, fish straight through for chub etc.
Shots ssg to 10
Float adaptors and rubbers
X3 plummets
Disgorger
Swiss army knife

I like to keep it basic and kit to a minimum. Don't really feeder fish and only ledgering I do is touch link ledger for chub in winter.

How about you?

If my camera worked of take a picture

B

binka

I went modular a few years ago, splitting things down by type so that I wasn't carting unnecessary gear around.

I bought a few cheap NGT rig bags which hold...

1) All my general bits that I need for every session such as shot, hooks, plummets, disgorgers, swivels, float rubbers etc.

2) Hooklink

3) Leads

4) Small & medium feeders

5) Method feeders

6) Brolly gear such as pegs, guy ropes etc.

013.jpg

I have a separate mesh bag in a drawer below for larger river feeders.

I also put together this which I use when I'm roving the river, very handy with a handful of leads and my hook wallet in my waistcoat pocket...

006.jpg

004.jpg

I have just finished a worming box for Perch which contains everything for that particular method but that's a separate, stand alone thing which I can just grab without having to think about what's in it.

I know it doesn't show :)wh) but I'm very OCD about organising and storing my gear :eek:mg:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I also make every effort to have my gear organised and ready to go at short notice. I do have a separate box for my roach fishing simply because I do so much of it over a typical season. The box carries a vast array of floats, hooks (probably too many) and a complete selection of shot, bullets, bombs and all the other odds and ends I might ever need for a days fishing. All in all it doesn't weigh much and it gives me complete control of how I want to fish on given day. It is also checked every week and replenished as required, so that when I arrive on the bank I know everything is spot on. Reels/rods are also kept just so and cleaned after every session...
I do have other boxes/bags for perch/carp fishing which are also kept 'ready to go' so I can quickly change from one to the other.

Many other items, such as punches, disgorgers, small scissors and the like are in specified pockets - I know immediately where everything is once on the bank, a boon if arriving /leaving in half light!
In the main waterproof bag I carry rolled up minimal over trouser, and a waterproof knapsack cover which does a job of sorts if caught in rain without a brolly. An extra reel, scales,camera, and room for a flask just about covers it.....

I do have sudden spells of stripping everything from the bag (when it needs a clean) just to check I'm not carrying excess. NEVER do I reach the bank to find I have left an important item sitting on a shelf (as some others I meet on the bank seem to delight in doing) so I don't tend to supplement these folk when they come walking around to 'borrow ' a hook............

BTW, Binka and 'disorganised' - not a chance from what I read. Nobody could fish as much as he does without having a total plan and the success comes from that imho....

ps 'NEVER' is a long, long time and I do own to making the odd mistake. Nobody is perfect!!

Last edited:

wetthrough

Reaction score
The answer to the question is, everything.

The following image may have disturbing or offensive content to some people. Those of a
sensitive nature should skip to the next message.

Attachments

• tackle_box_1.jpg
    tackle_box_1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 269

seth49

Reaction score
Everything bar kitchen sink as a rule, but as I tend to fish a carp rod as a sleeper, plus float and feeder gear for the silvers, I do take a lot of tackle with me.

I’m so glad I got the Korum deluxe chair and wheel kit, it makes it easy to carry lots of kit, I have a carp barrow but that is hard work the Korum setup is far easier to push, made my way of fishing so much easier.

My hold-all is handy as well, five made up rods plus three more unmade, landing net handles, brolly and banksticks.

Plus scales,camera,scissors,forceps,disgorgers ,plummets,Polaroid’s ,etc in my waistcoat.
So as long as I remember everything,good to go.

nottskev

Reaction score
If I'm going to be in one swim all day, which is usually the case, and it's not too far to walk, I have a box I can carry or wheel with all the basics in two trays.

T1.jpg

Floats are all sorted into different types and sizes, so it's a case of picking up the right ones - hopefully - on the day. I found these plastic stationery cases perfect for pole rigs, and I box them according to water. These ones fit the Deep Lake.

T2.jpg

Sticks and wagglers go in the usual float tubes

T3.jpg

For legering/feedering, which I don't do as often, I keep reels, leads, hooklengths etc in their own cases, and take them as needed.

T5.jpg

If I'm planning to fish several swims or trek over a field or two, I have a very light canal stool, and gear for floatfishing, chub or barbel in separate cases.

T6.jpg

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I went modular several years back. I have " species specific" boxes and bags plus a couple of general lockboxes labelled river and lake. There's a bit of duplication required for it to work properly but I'd much rather that than have to swap things around and/or turn up to find something vital is in another bag......or in my infamous seatbox which seems to cause a few on here much amusement.

Rod holdalls/quivers likewise. I have 3 "working" quivers which are more or less species specific though I'm happy swapping rods between them. I dont carry my rods made up so the reels live in the appropriate species bag.

My fishing is almost exclusively species or venue specific so I know exactly what's required and never carry gear " just in case" or to cover every eventuality.

mikench

Reaction score
I know it doesn't show () but I'm very OCD about organising and storing my gear

Wow you do surprise me Steve!:wh Very nice and very ideal home! I wish I was that organised!:)

Kev have you been spending lots of time with Binka? Very impressed!:)

Last edited:

nottskev

Reaction score
Wow you do surprise me Steve!:wh Very nice and very ideal home! I wish I was that organised!:)

Kev have you been spending lots of time with Binka? Very impressed!:)

I'm trying, Mike, but I can see my colour coordination could be better :)

flightliner

Reaction score
I'd put up a pik of my roving kit , does a "Next bag" container qualify ?

Attachments

• 1520872072100.jpg
    1520872072100.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Absolutely Mike! Mind you I would have thought you would have succumbed by now to a degree of Binka piscatorial elegant design!:wh

flightliner

Reaction score
I'm getting there slowly Mike, my ultimate bag will be one with the Hardy logo .
Seriously tho its stuff I keep in my roving bag ready for a kwik getaway session chubbing or Barbelling on my Trent trib.
The rest of my serious kit is a little more presentable.

Chevin_Rutilus

Reaction score
I love to see how everyone has there own way of organizing their tackle. Binka, your set up looks better then most tackle shops.

I'd try tackle boxs and the likes but I hate fishing with bulky bags and tons of gear it takes away from my enjoyment for some reason. I use the same mindset for my rigs and bait, simple and uncomplicated.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have two seat boxes ready to go for different venues and styles of fishing, plus one spare,
two ready rod holdalls with waggler and feeder rods in them complete with landing net handles
again for different venues, in my pole holdall I keep all my topkits in tubes so I don't have to sort through
what I may need or I may have forgotten, Both boxes have a varied selection of pole rigs in them, and
each has its own set of plummets and hooks, feeders etc, to suit the venue, Landing nets and keepnets are in the same stink bag wherever I go,

Philip

Reaction score
Basically my tackle box depends on what I am doing on a given day. I try and organize it so that I carry a sort of small central tackle box which has all the things I will always need (swivels, stops etc) and then I add additional tackle to that depending on what I am targeting on a given day.

The small central tackle box carries things like swivels, beads, stops and so on. I always carry a selection of hooks and hooklengths. Leads are the biggest pain so I carry them in a separate little pouch and try and take only what I need.

Basically whats in my tackle box usually revolves around trying to keep the weight down. I am always looking for the magic formula of carrying tackle to cover maxmum options in minimum weight.

Not easy.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I am just too embarrassed to show my tackle box.

PS-I am sure I will be backing that same horse at Cheltenham today Binka

Last edited: