Guru drag line

mikench

Reaction score
What do members think of this line? I bought it in 4lb bs and put it on a Daiwa Procaster reel( 3012) which I leave on a 10' made up float rod for tight swims ( trees and overhead branches) like yesterday. I find it wraps around the spool in windy weather and loops on the spool when casting any distance! I think I will change it!

Is it the line, the reel, me or all three?

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
I can't see it being the line mate.
Have you overloaded the spool causing the line to spill off and made worse in windy conditions.

mikench

Reaction score
No and deliberately so! It could well be me but I don't have the same problem on all my other reels with different line albeit at higher bs's

Last edited:

swizzle

Reaction score
Has the line twisted? Did you put the line on the reel spool the same way it came off of the line spool?

iain t

Reaction score
I have the same line in 8lb. Never had any problems, can't say i find anything special about the line comparing it with other lines i use. Never use it on lighter lines. Still using it after 3 seasons.

mikench

Reaction score
I followed the appropriate instructions and it doesn't always do it! A bad workman ..........! I will change it anyway!

browndog

Reaction score
Sounds like it got twisted when loading the spool. Open the bail arm and pull it off the reel along a field then wind it back on the reel under a little tension the twists will come out as you wind it back. If you want the line to sink wind it through a cloth soaked in a weak washing up liquid solution or it you want it float a cloth with floatant on it.

mikench

Reaction score
I do too Mark and would have done so on this reel because it was the first or second decent reel i acquired. one lives and learns!

seth49

Reaction score

I have one of these mike, they work ok, if you wind in when the clutch is giving line,
It can really put some twists in your line, I have the drag line on one of my reels, I like it.

skov

Reaction score
Mike, I've got Guru drag line on a couple of my reels, and I don't get on with it at all. I have similar problems with it coming off in coils and getting tangled round the reel. It seems to have much more memory than any other line I've used.
I'll be changing it when I get round to it.

mikench

Reaction score
I thought it was just me! I have already changed it to Sensor!

I remember in my early days I put the filled spool in warm water to reduce the memory which clearly didn't work!

chrissh

Reaction score
Had the same problem with Guru Pulse Line twisting and going behind the spool even tried the spin doctor to try and get the twist out? I has some left on a spool it come on which cut 3ft of and laid it on the floor it was coiled like a spring… gone back to good old sensor