The upcoming recession

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Baz (Angel of the North) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>stephen webb wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>A local club that buys or leases a water miles from its own town are not only buying /leasing for the locals in the club area. They are buying /leaisng in far off areas for the locals in the same far off areas. And anybody else who wants to make the trip. Plus, local waters are like golddust.</blockquote></blockquote>
Local waters are like Golddust? I must live in a goldmine then. I have half mile one way a local water and half mile the other way a localwater, then a mile after those another then another etc etc. Theres no shortage here in Barnsley, and they are all available for either day tickets or season tickets.

R

Robert Woods

I'm in a large club with waters all round Northwest but joined two local clubs. I like my 100 mile trips to Severn & Ribble and my "credit crunch" fishing on much nearer River Dane. It's traffic on M56/M6 to Ribble that puts me off. There always seems to be problems with roads over Thewell Viaduct.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Local waters are like Golddust? I must live in a goldmine then. I have half mile one way a local water and half mile the other way a local water, then a mile after those another then another etc etc. Theres no shortage here in Barnsley, and they are all available for either day tickets or season tickets.

I should have made it clearer.

Local waters <u>for sale or lease</u> are like gold dust.

pete scarth

Reaction score
Virtually all the local clubs in my area,lease small farm ponds which up until the early 1980s where still natural fisheries ,where you could catch crucians tench rudd and roach.Then came the obsession with carp and every club stocked them legally or illegally the latter being closer to the truth.Ruining perfect natural fisheries and basically turning them into commercials .So in my area and i suspect most others its pastie puddles or nothing .Apart from being detrimental to the natural species,espeically tench basically muscled out by the carp,and when i have caught any carp most have had hooks still in them from other anglers fishing for smaller species.Sadly its a sign of the times most anglers want over stocked easy fisheries instead of having to work for your fish,like trotting on the river for roach an art form lost to these anglers.Call me old fashioned but i remember getting told as a kid if you can master the river you can master anywhere .Unfortunatley in my area its not a case of local waters being like gold dust,but natural waters turned into commercials by shortsighted clubs cashing in on the current carp mania.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Must admit i will be dropping a few of my club cards next year. Finally got my invite to join RADAC and thats going to take a large lump of cash with the joinning fee.

I think the local clubs will see a increase. They will loose some as well though.

Its the commercials i think that will really suffer. With fuel cost ticket price and having to only use there bait. It all hads up.

C

Cakey

the big fisheries with me will lose out ...........................when I have the Lee/Lea attwo squid a day for two rods