Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I feel like crying!

Today I took a trip over to a day ticket lake jam packed with carp and I’ve come away from the venue blanking

People around were catching, I even saw couple fish in my swim that danced round my float!

I lost count how many bites I had, I lost 2 fish that were on. Just no idea what I’ve done wrong

What a terrible day

Default Re: I feel like crying!

We all have days like that. I remember sitting on a pit not a million miles from you at Fishers Green. It was a match. The guy to my right had a tench every time he cast out. Me...no bites and a painful blank.

Blog Entries

What hooks and rig were you using, were you fishing with the bait on a hair or on the hook? how big are the fish in there?
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

binka Guest

I would be counting myself lucky, a water full of carp and you didn't snag up on one of them

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thecrow View Post
    What hooks and rig were you using, were you fishing with the bait on a hair or on the hook? how big are the fish in there?
    From the sound of it he wasn't using hooks or bait

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    From the sound of it he wasn't using hooks or bait
    Might as well not have been Maybe fishing is not for me.... lol

Sweetcorn straight onto size 8/10 Kamasan hook. Speaking to a friend i probably was using the wrong size hook.

Red face Re: I feel like crying!

We've all had days like that - tell me about it! ( many years ago I once lost 5 tench close to double figures in a morning and I don't think I'm over it yet! Never really did work out why...............
    Sometimes things just don't go to plan, or we have an 'off' day - who knows? The thing is you were probably not doing too much wrong...

Might I suggest you do a 'barbelboi' and hit a couple of swift JD's, move on, and get back on the bank asap!!

It really doesn't do to dwell on this sort of thing otherwise it will spoil the coming weeks....

(Hopefully you didn't toss the rods in the water?)

Good luck!

I can only suggest

hammer-jamie. "I feel like crying" Know the feeling well. Back in the old days I got it on the Trent every time I drew one below John Dean. Pete
    Casternets

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bracket View Post
    hammer-jamie. "I feel like crying" Know the feeling well. Back in the old days I got it on the Trent every time I drew one below John Dean. Pete
    Was there ever an occasion when it turned out good Pete?

Twice as I recall flight. Once on Winthorpe Rack and again some years later, on The Road Stretch. Both times I drew good, they were only low weight section wins, but made me happy. He was some Trent angler was John. There were a couple seasons when he was absolutely unbeatable in the Notts Fed Opens. It was all very depressing. Pete.
    Casternets

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast