southwick park (formerly dryad)

jasonbean1

Reaction score
we have a match coming up there soon and i've never been before, just wondered if any of you guys have ever fished it?

cheers

Keith M

Reaction score
If it was formally known as Dryad lake (on HMS Dryad near Pompey) then yes I’ve fished it dozens of times when I was in the RN; in fact I helped to dredge it using a mud cat back in the early 70s; however I haven’t fished it since the 1970s so I wouldn’t be of much use to you now I’m afraid :eek:

When I last fished it it was full of Crucian Carp and smallish commons and mirror Carp but I don’t know what the target fish are nowerdays; I’d be interested to know though.

Keith

Last edited:

Ronnie

Reaction score
I haven't fished there for a few years, so whether they have removed or added any fish, I don't know but it used to be full of decent sized carp and roach. The going method a few years ago used to be on the tip with a ground-bait or maggot feeder, you used to be able to get a really big bag of carp on a good day, I would assume it is still worth a go on that basis.
Ronnie

jasonbean1

Reaction score
Home

Cheers guys, just done a bit of googling and found the website with match results which was handy. seems its still carp just a bit bigger...not massive weights so looks like it will be the usual carpy like tactics