Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Am I the only one who watches Wilson with the sound turned off?

He only has about 3 phrases and the rest of the time giggles like a nut case! He seems to takes twice the required time to land the fish so he can prattle on about how well the (insert name of water and species) fight.

My old dad would have wackd me round the head if I kept fish out of the water that long too!

am I a heritic?

In a word "YES".

There is little enough angling on the box as it is. I think he's a pretty good presenter. He seems genuinely interested and competent at what he does. That bl**dy laugh does grate a bit though.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Got great teeth tho.
    PaSC (failed).
    Officially warranted Weather Jonah.
    £5 ransom by Paypal NOW or I will attend your fish in !

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) Guest

The problem with old jolly Johnny Wilson is that he is a product of your average Joe Soap angler. The way he acts is what Joe Soap wants, otherwise he would have never got where he did.

He does not appeal to the more serious angler, in fact I guess he would agree with what I have just said.

ha, ha,haa, heeee, heee, hoo, ho.

If you watch his older TV progs/videos he never used to be quite so annoying, but his recent TV shows even turn an avid Wilson fan to turn him off!

There is always the mute button!

Shrek Guest

I think he's great and an excellent ambassador for the sport, regardless of the discipline.

I remember many hours spent round my mates house ('cos he had Sky and we didn't) watching Go Fishing and enjoying every minute of it. He was a great inspiration to me when I was first starting out coarse fishing, and I'm sure he is the same to many others.

You many not like the man's eccentricities, but you can't knock what he's done for the sport at all, IMHO!!!

Yeah he's great, but has anyone noticed his annoying habit of stroking the fish he catches with dry hands??

John Wilson used to be a matchmen, and fished alot around this area,

He gave up the match fishing, and turned to what he does now. Own's his own tackle shop and lakes.

The laugh seems more put on these days, good Angler but Hayes and Brown are much better.

Most of those who watch him will never get to fish the places he does, at home or abroad,

"He is the product of your average Joe soap angler"

Do you mean people like you Ron or do you consider yourself a cut above the average angler (whatever that is)?

What a pompous ass you are at times Ron, you leave yourself open to ridicule with ridiculous statements like that.

John Wilson is probably not the best angler in the world but there again nobody on here is either, what he is though is a good all round angler who shares his enthusiasm with "ordinary" folks like us and if you don't like him then there is always the off button option.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast