Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rain or not...

Blog Entries

Default Rain or not...

...I am going fishing next week. For far too long I have avoided fishing in the rain. I have lots of wet weather gear but I tend to use it in case it rains during a session. Well next week I am going to man-up, dig out the wet gear and go fishing whatever the forecast. So many times I have not gone fishing because rain was forecast and when it came to it, the weather was not that bad. How many of you avoid the rain?

I am sure the fish don't mind getting wet...

Ralph
    Hmmm... Where did that one go?

My fishing blog

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rain or not...

I used to go rain or shine regardless of the weather and I often had a good day in the rain except for when it ran off the road surfaces or cooled the water temperature a little too much, but since I’ve retired I can now go any time that I want to, and at a moments notice, so I now tend to go whenever the weather conditions look favourable and I won’t get a soaking.

I don’t mind fishing in the occasional shower but if it’s coming down in bucketfuls then I’ll just wait till the weather conditions are more favourable.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 28-04-2018 at 20:04.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I have commented on various posts and in various ways that if we wait for supposedly perfect weather conditions, we would not go fishing very often! Now if I decide to go I do so regardless of the weather except for extreme cold or heavy rain and wind at the time of going! I have a decent brolly and a Trakker tempest brolly so I can cope with anything really! The fishing is another matter!

Blog Entries

I'll avoid the rain if I can, like most people I suspect but it won't stop me going unless it's really cold as well. The chair getting wet would stop me from going two days on the run as I can't get it dry (can't get on with brollies) but I have another chair on the way

Forecast is for rain and a cold 12 degrees Tuesday, come Thursday, Friday and Saturday it’s warm and dry...... no brainer in my book.

Today I sat under my brolly and it never stopped. If I had to wait for decent weather at the moment I would never go.
    It must make a lot of difference if someone has nowhere to hang wet clothing and tackle to dry.
    Fortunately stuff dries in my garage pretty quickly.

Blog Entries

What has been happening to me lately is that I have planned to go and then the weather has changed so I put it off. By the time the weather has got better I find something else has taken presidents and I miss out. As John said it is supposed to be good on Thursday. I had decided I was going on Tuesday so normally I would put it off.

Today I have decided that I am not going to be put of by a spot of rain, 11 or 12º is fine by me and the wind is not to strong, so I am going regardless... You never know, I might go on Thursday as well

Ralph.
    Hmmm... Where did that one go?

My fishing blog

When I went last Tuesday it turned out to be rain all day when it started instead of the light showers it promised, all of my gear was wet when I got home and needed drying.
    Don’t like drying things in the house, so I just put my hold-all and bag in my room near the radiator, everything else went in the shed, and I put the dehumidifier I have in with them, that worked everything was dry later the next day.

To be honest I don’t like fishing in the rain, if it’s windy it gets on my glasses and makes it difficult to watch a float or a tip, as others have said, now I’m retired I just pick the better days, I have a good brolly and waterproofs, but I’d sooner fish without needing them.

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    Fortunately stuff dries in my garage pretty quickly.
    My boiler is in the garage (no not that one, she's out fetching the takeaway) and it keeps the air nice and dry which helps a lot with wet gear even in the depths of winter.

Regarding rain dodging, I will do it on occasion if I have the choice on back to back days but generally it doesn't bother me and there's something quite nice about sitting under a brolly, nice and dry, whilst the elements do their worst.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

I am not keen on it raining when I am setting up, It can do what it wants once I am set up and everything
    is in its place such as pole rollers and feeder rest, and bait etc on side trays on seatbox, I have a good set of PI
    waterproofs, flatback brolly and a side tray that will take 6 one pint bait tubs with a zip around lid,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast