Docklow pools

daniel121

Reaction score
Hi

Daniel121 and dannyboy1 and wives are heading away from our usual June holiday venue to Docklow pools. Which is all exciting bar the fact we are totally blind, bar a few videos we have seen online.

Question for you lot is, has anyone been and can you help us with areas to avoid, hot areas etc? Every fishery has flyers and a way to fish them.

So about us we are match style fishermen rather than carp fishermen. Lakes that are of particular interest to me is

1- The tench lake, any tips? Been told its solely tench, hoping it still is?

2- Snake - I understand this is a silverfish venue? What's the best bait/method are tiny fish a problem?

3- match, moby ****, figure or 8, farmer Jack and mickeys - any info would help, ie fish size, baits methods, etc.

I doubt I'll fish all of them so any help would be greatly received.

Thanks in advance

daniel121

Reaction score
Well your an helpful lot :eek:mg:

Will let you know how I get on anyways

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I did look when you first posted this and goggled it but don't know the place so couldn't offer any advice. I did notice no one had replied and thought it's a shame but there are not many commercial anglers on here so maybe no one else knows it.
However, when I googled it it looked an amazing place and with parts of the Wye and Teme on the card as well with barbel I think your going to be spoiled for choice., no mud hole in the ground( I really must try and find one of those one day). Certainly the sort of place I wouldn't mind a holiday at.
I fished a tench and bream only lake on a commercial and found we had to go light to catch fish, 3lb was the lightest we could get away with, some big bream and tench in it, heavier than that and the bites decreased.
Generally for commercials I have usually found it pays to try as many different baits as you can, they can be fussy fish and hitting the right bait on the day can often make a difference so, have a good array of baits on hand and don't be afraid to try something different from the advice the commercial gives,.
Don't be despondent at the no replies, I am sure its just no one knows it and do let us know how you get on.

Last edited:

daniel121

Reaction score
Thanks mate,

Just for clarity I'm only being my usual self, I did not think for a minute that nobody wanted to help, not at all. No point having loads of replies if non are any use. I've never been to this venue we normally go to Anglers Paradise but not this year, really excited to be honest with you.

Unfortunately we are going before the Rivers open, however he best thing about being retired is I might go back on my own when they open.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I have fished there but not for a few years. I fished the Micky Mouse lake and had a lot of fish. As I remember I had roach bream carp and barbel all on pellet - which you can buy in their very well stocked shop. What I rememebr best is that it is very shallow - I think my swim was aboout 18ins deep - and all the fish were caught from well off the bottom. Not what I expected from bream and barbel. Its a very pretty place and I'm sure you'll catch loads.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Daniel, I saw him today, he said the tench lake is as its name suggests, the other lakes he said you will catch on all methods.
baits included corn, maggots pellets, cant use cat meat on any of the waters.

daniel121

Reaction score
Guys thanks for all your replies and a special thanks to Markcw you went the extra mile mate, that's what FM is all about thank you