drennan 17ft acolyte rod

nottskev

Reaction score
Funny enough kev, the stiffer faster action of the acolytes is my favourite part about em :).
My normarks arnt really far behind them for fast action.

They're all good rods, so I suppose it's down to what you like, and I've got a preference for a mellow playing action. The Normark Titan was one of the few good rods I bought and didn't hang on to - and I wish I had, now.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They're all good rods, so I suppose it's down to what you like, and I've got a preference for a mellow playing action. The Normark Titan was one of the few good rods I bought and didn't hang on to - and I wish I had, now.

The only titans ive used are the team 2000's and the next model, the MKII. The normarks are my all time favourite, especially the avenger. It's not quite so fast as the accy rods so i've no doubt you like them.

dicky123

Reaction score
Sam.

Oddly I found my 14' ideal for my summer tench float fishing. But as it sits in the rest/knee 90% of the time, weight, balance reel size was not the issue. But playing some good tench was, perfect for those days a light line was needed. It's a stepped up match style rod, but allows very light hook-links. I love mine and find the length perfect and not in-between at all. But then were all different aren't we? I'm sure there are rods just as good, I've just not found one myself.

Rich.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Sam.

Oddly I found my 14' ideal for my summer tench float fishing. But as it sits in the rest/knee 90% of the time, weight, balance reel size was not the issue. But playing some good tench was, perfect for those days a light line was needed. It's a stepped up match style rod, but allows very light hook-links. I love mine and find the length perfect and not in-between at all. But then were all different aren't we? I'm sure there are rods just as good, I've just not found one myself.

Rich.

Rich,
I don't doubt it suits you, but 14' rods just don't suit me. It's definitely not that I don't rate the Acolyte Plus, I've used the 15' version quite a lot in the last month for tench fishing. On the venue concerned, the 13' or 14' wouldn't be long enough for the majority of swims. I can accept that it might suit you (and your venues) perfectly at that length, but I find it very difficult to accept that makes it better than either the 13' or 15' Acolyte Plus.