Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: ABU 507MKII Help!!!

As Markcw said. I only load my spools between 50 and 70 yards. Loading any more will cause tangles. This is the major complaint and why people that are not used to these reels slag them off. My first closed face was a 501 bought new then bought every new one that came within the range when they first came out. Brilliant reels for trotting and when the wind is up.

Stripey after you have filled a spool and before screwing on the first cowl, set the drag by adjusting the lever under the handle and pulling line by hand. It is at this position only that you can see and feel the drag. I would set it at minimum and tighten up when you have a fish on. Replace both cowls and away you go.

yes dont over fill the spool about 2.5mm below the spool rim . on the old abu 501 506 507 if you put the handle in the 50 clock position the spool is always in the optmum position the spool is out of the bell housing to max position the line peels off the spool better. when trotting i dont know about the new abu reel have not bought one looking at a 507 mk11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12