Urgent quick help?

dicky123

Reaction score
Drennan Machpro Ultralight 15' any good please? Got a chance (cheap) as the Acolyte have now taken over to get one at a good price, Want it for roach dace on the Trent, hemp and tares fishing, it the tip fairly quick?. Anyone have one in the range, I do have the Quivers in this series and love them. Come on Sam and you others, help me out?

Rich.

sam vimes

Reaction score
The Matchpro Ultralight is still a current Drennan rod alongside the Acolyte range. I don't have a 15' Matchpro, but I have tried one. Interestingly enough, the owner of that rod recently bought a 15' Acolyte. Personally, I'd not have a Matchpro over an Acolyte, but if you are operating within budget contraints, it's a perfectly useable rod. When it comes to river fishing, the action of the Matchpro Ultralight isn't quite as fast as the equivalent Acolyte Ultra. The choice is likely to hinge on just how fast an action you like. The differences in action and weight between the two rods are quite obvious when compared directly. Notwithstanding the action differences, the power of either is pretty similar. However, some folks don't like the faster action of the Acolyte.

iain t

Reaction score
Should be a good river rod for smaller fish up to small silvers. Heard loads of great reports on the Matchpro rods